Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to reach Duane on numerous occassions for the last 2 months without success. I'd like to try and fabricate one for my personal use. Would some one that was lucky enough to have purchased one, take some pictures of the frame construction details and post them. If possible both folding and zippered down the center models.
Thanks
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
This is onlinecobra.com's version, although I think he may have stopped making them. No one has been able to reach him for months.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,458 Posts
I'm looking for one too, and one that will stay put while driving "at a sporting speed" in inclement weather!

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
i just want one for when i have the rare occasion of parking it... just to keep out the sun. or maybe to keep out the moisture when the evening dew comes...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am really trying hard not to flame Online Cobra! I paid $420.00 for a tonneau cover on August 28th. I had some correspondence with Duane in the beginning but his e-mail has been full and I leave messages with a female family member and he does not call me back. It has been over 3 months and I have not heard a word of if and/or when I will ever get my cover. If anyone knows Duane and how to reach him I would appreciate it if he would reply to my e-mails or call me at the number I have left for him. If he would just get back to me I could understand things better. The "no response" to all my attempts is getting frustrating. OK, maybe a small flame... Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have a Online Cobra cover and they are nice but I never remember to use it. I have had it on the car one time, I guess I will put in the "For-Sale Parts".

Mike M.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Bob Mac, this is not to high jack your thread because you are looking for a particular cover that I too found interesting. I loved Duane's engineering, but the expense caused this old retired guy to look at the problem differently.

The photo above on Cobra Dan's posting is one that I designed and the wife fabricates...that particualr cover went to GRATZ in Massachusetts last week. I like Edward_Duncan simply wanted something to keep the rain, the sun and prying eyes out of the car. Our covers are black vinyl (fussy underneath to protect the paint) and simply attach as you see with bungee cords in about 30 seconds. We keep ours in the trunk or simply roll it up and lay it on top of the seats under the seat belts. We do single and dual-roll bar covers. They were not designed for towing speeds...although they may likely be suitable if someone wants to test that.

Sales todate have been word-of-mouth, but my intention is to post the availability of these after New Years. We are expecting our first grandchild "any day now"....and there is no way the wife is going to set down at the sewing machine for several weeks.

Our intention is to offer this utilitarian cover at ~$100 + ~ $10 S&H and I will do our intended posting in January.

If anyone has an interest or questions before my January posting, please do a PM.....because I don't want to interrupt Bob Mac's search here nor compete with Duanes magnificent cover.

Phillip

·
Junior Charter Member
1,361 Posts
For that matter, can one not actually have a "with snap" cover? Would involve of course snaps in the body, and a cover that fits (the snaps may be universal, but not all Cobra bodies are the same size).
alan

·
Senior Charter Member
1,016 Posts
I've got the one in the picture, I wasn't looking for anything that I could use while driving, nor did I want to put snaps in the body. I wanted something so that the car was covered if I took it away for the weekend or while it sits in the parking lot at work..... Phillip's cover is on the car now, so far it works and looks great! (I was also on the wait list for Duannes)

GRATZ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts