Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Matt,

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but here's three rear brake line shots on my IRS car. I did use a proportioning valve for the rears, just in case I need one.

This first shot is looking at the driver's side rear. The stainless line go up to the prop. valve:

This next one is looking at the proportioning valve from inside the "trunk" area:

This last one is looking from the left rear of the car at the line crossing over to the right side:

Hope this helps. If you need any more, let me know, and I will try to get some this evening.

td

·
Junior Charter Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice braided lines, Tommy!

I'm using the regular old stock units, which kind of have a bracket integrated into the end of the line. It looks like I could mount it on the 2X3 tube, right above the upper control arm.

Where did you get your braided lines?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Ah yes, that bracket! I forgot about it. Sounds like a good spot for it, though.

I'm racking my brain, but I THINK I bought the complete rear set-up, including the cross-over lines and ss lines from Breeze. I know it was one of the guys here, and I'm almost positive it was Breeze. Seems like it was one big bill for all of it. Everything worked great, other than a few anxious moments bending the lines around the prop. valve, which I supplied.

good luck!
td

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I bought mine, complete with braided lines and valve from Tri-States for $100.

All the best,
Tag

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh, thanks Larry wasn't sure how to do that.

·
5,573 Posts
Matt

Is this what you mean? I believe this is the only place to mount them due to the way they are oriented on the lines. Meaning, everywhere else requires a twist of the line and it is too stiff to do that. If you look in the IRS instructions there is one shot that shows them in this spot. I drilled a hole for the pin and tapped for a stainless screw and lockwasher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts