Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Greek
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have been looking and searched in the wheel forum but can not find an answer to my questions. Please help as I am getting close to the roller stage.
I have
-Front SN95 from '94 GT, stock brakes, and tubular upper and lowers.
-Rear SN95 off the same car. I do not want to convert to Fox length as I will be using ABS. This makes the axles .75" wider per side.
3link and standard brakes. Tubular offcource LCAs.

What is the largest size rims for this setup?
More specific: What offsets and what backspacings? For front and for rear.

I would like to use 18" 9.5 front with 255 and 10.5 rear with 285 or 295 or 315.

These are the ideal ones for me

The offset for 18x9.5 (fronts) is +24 and b.s. is 6.19.
18x10.5 are +30 and b.s. 6.68

or these o.e. wheels

17 x 9 / 10.5" Chrome Mustang Cobra R wheels / chrome rivets / deep dish
Front 17 x 9" - 24mm and Rear 17 x 10.5" - 27mm

Spacers would be an option but I am not sure if the hub studs have to be removed. If they do need to be removed, it is not an option as the axle has to be romoved so the studs can be romoved.

To sum things up; what offset and backspacing for 17 or 18" rims would be needed for my setup?

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
Call Richard Oben @ North Racecars. He is a vendor here. He's the wheel expert.
Doug

·
The Greek
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read many threads where Richard Oben was opposed to fitting large wheels and tires as they do not fit correctly (slight rubbing etc). He is correct that the fit is not ideal, but I want the opinions of people who have fitted wheels that are not supposed to be the ideal fit.
And how the did it.
I will be calling Mr. Oben once I gather some info on this subject.

·
The Greek
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone?
I know some of you have the info I need!!!!

·
Lay posi
1,223 Posts
Front 17 x 9" - 24mm and Rear 17 x 10.5" - 27mm

That's what I'm running, but I converted my 94 rearend to the fox width using Richard Oben's conversion package (new brake brackets and axles).

Wibby

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
Either way, I'd talk to Richard Oben. Either email/call or use the "Ask the Expert" forum.

Tell him what you'd like to use, he'll tell you what you need to do to use them. I was going to go a different route from my original plans because I didn't think it would work.
Talked to Richard, problem solved and now I'm able to use the wheels I really wanted in the first place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts