Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MKI with factory supplied "J" pipes and exhaust pipes. Have an exhaust leak and would like to replace my collector gaskets with the best out there. Any suggestions? Size and or part numbers would be great!

Thanks,
Drew

·
Senior Charter Member
1,387 Posts
High temp RTV with copper. Let it skim over for ten minutes then assemble. No gaskets needed.

HTH,

Mark

·
Senior Charter Member
1,387 Posts
Matters not.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Tried this last spring worked like a champ. Even had someone tell me they don't even use exhuast header gaskets any longer - just the high-temp RTV.

·
Junior Charter Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,Looks like RVT will be the way I go.

Thanks again,
Drew

·
"Senior"
1,123 Posts
If your talking about the 3 bolt hole gaskets, I got mine from NAPA P/N: 31369 for $3.99 ea.

Mark Dougherty (when he worked at FFR) gave me these other P/Ns:
AP = 8691
Maremount = G200
ROL = 24751
Walker = 31369
Jim

[ March 14, 2007, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: JimmyZ ]

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
No Gasket here. After a couple of blown gaskets I put it together with no gasket dropped the "J" Pipe from the Header with the Sidepipe still attached and welded the perimeter of the flange. Then I removered the bolts that used to hold the "J" pipe to the Sidepipe and filled them with weld. I have'nt had any problems since...and the was 5 years ago. I have had times since I welded it where I had to remove the exhaust and because the two are welded it is VERY easy to remove and install now. IMO I would'nt even mess with it just weld it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts