Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried installing my oil cooler and doesn't seem to fit correctly. I installed lower radiator plate and now I can't fit the cooler in between it and the bottom of the body.

I'm thinking about undoing the lower plate at the radiator support, attaching the cooler, then re-attaching the plate to the radiator support.

Any suggestions?

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
I made a couple of measurements and marked center on the nose aluminum to the rad and to the fiberglass and once I was sure that it was good I removed the nose piece and marked out all the holes including the ones for rivits on the lower support piece. Once I had all the holes in the two pieces of aluminum I attached the oil cooler to the lower support and then ran them both up together and cleckoed them in to the nose piece and then rivited to the rad and nose as an assembly. Seemed to work well with no major problems but I do recall it being tight like you described.
Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.