Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back story, running a QFT 650SS carb with brand new, just installed Walbro 244 fuel pump. Reason for the EFI fuel pump is I’m considering an aftermarket EFI system so thought having the high pressure fuel pump in tank would save some work later.
Now though, with the pump running I Can only get the pressure to the carb down to 10 PSI and need to be down around 7 PSI. I have a digital gauge on the incoming side and it is reading about 16 PSI.
My expectations were that the high pressure side would be able to be regulated down to the required carb PSI with the regulator bypass returning unneeded fuel to the tank.
What am I not understanding?

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,638 Posts
Trying to regulate from 60psi to 7 is almost impossible. There are regulators that will do it but one thing that does help is running a large return fuel line. Try running a 1/2 return line.

·
Charter Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspected that would be the case. I’m going to try another regulator in series to bring down the pressure to the carb. Aeromotive do a two stage regulator that effectively does this and I have a second one available.👍

·
Charter Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorted, series regulators 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts