Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 my Master cylinder is tilted up and at an angle i know it should be straight and im curious if anyone else has this problem before i go modifying and if they did, did they fix it or leave it

2 which pushrod should i use i have a long one in there now w/ one shim and it feels good or should i have put the short one in

3 does the kit come with brake line brackets or do they leave it up to you

i want the brake lines bent tonight and ready to go so sorry for the push

thankyou much
Derek

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Probably need a little more info to answer the question: What year pedal set up? What MC are you using? Power or no power assist? I think the kit came with D clamps that go around the brake lines and are rivited to the frame. Until you get the answers you need from the MC, you can run brake lines from the rear-end and front brake to the MC area, and then use shorter pieces from NAPA to bring them in the last 6-12".

·
Registered
87 Posts
Derek,
My MKIII tilted up also. The upper portion of the footbox that the cylinder mounts on is not vertical. It works fine on my car, and should not be a problem.

Paul

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
1. Normal
2. Your taste based on pedal position
3. Comes with brackets, but many people upgrade

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
The kit does have enough clamps to secure the lines to the frame. Also has the 2 brackets that go on the front by the F panels to hold the lines where they transition into flexible lines at each wheel. You will need the donor bracket that holds the brake line in the rear for where it changes from hard to flex line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.