Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a plan for doing the bodywork on my MK4 Roadster. I tried to order a set of "5 Eastwood Adjustable and Flexible Sanding Boards" as recommended in Jeff Kleiner's Feb 2011 MK4 Bodywork Thread. Turns out Eastwood does not carry them any more and I could not find them anywhere else on the web. Does anyone know of a source where I could get a set of these or should I just go with Eastwood's DURA BLOCK 7 PIECE SANDING BLOCK KIT? Dura-Block 7 Piece Sanding Blocks - DuraBlock - Automotive Sanding The Dura Block Kit is not adjustable.
Thanks
Bill

·
FFCobra Captain
11,699 Posts
I have that kit and the pieces aren't flexible at all. Not sure how important that is to do the Cobra right. they may work on a lot of sections, but there are so many curves on the Cobra, not sure you could use those everywhere.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have that kit and the pieces aren't flexible at all. Not sure how important that is to do the Cobra right. they may work on a lot of sections, but there are so many curves on the Cobra, not sure you could use those everywhere.
Dan, thanks for the reply. One thing I left off my post was that Jeff also said it was important to use flexible pool noodles, presumably on the sharper angles while using the Eastwood boards on the flatter surfaces.
Would you be interested in selling the set you have? If not do you have any suggestions on what I could use in place of the Eastwood boards?
Thanks
Bill

·
FFCobra Captain
11,699 Posts
I’m using my set now on a 65 Mustang.

These aren’t bad to also have. . They flex a bit and have good shapes for the tight spots & curves. But aren’t wide enough for big areas.

Motor Guard AP-6 Flexi-Block Sanding Bars Assortment Kit, 3 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0759TJ5LR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6IYTFbC73QQ6Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Not a waxer
11,917 Posts
The AFS products are no longer produced; it was a small Mom & Pop type operation and the gentleman passed away some time ago. In addition to them I also use long, short and round Durablocks. Looks like the largest of the Motor Guard set that Dan posted is about 11" but you'll also need something around 16".

Jeff

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The AFS products are no longer produced; it was a small Mom & Pop type operation and the gentleman passed away some time ago. In addition to them I also use long, short and round Durablocks. Looks like the largest of the Motor Guard set that Dan posted is about 11" but you'll also need something around 16".

Jeff
Thank you Jeff. Always appreciate your input
Bill

·
Senior Charter Member
1,798 Posts
Bill I've got a 16" Duroblock you can use if needed. I used it quite a bit doing my body. They are very rigid but my long one does flex just slightly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bill I've got a 16" Duroblock you can use if needed. I used it quite a bit doing my body. They are very rigid but my long one does flex just slightly.
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the offer. I am months away from starting so I think I should wait till I have something to sand, and try it with stuff that I can easily get, ie: your 16 inch piece, noodles, the kit Dan recommended, and then see if I need anything else. If your sander works for me I will order one by mail. You know how long it takes me to get stuff done. In the meantime maybe I can find a used adjustable set on the web.
Stay Safe
Bill

·
Senior Charter Member
1,798 Posts
No problem Bill if you need it for a while, Its been sitting in a box since I finished mine 12+ years ago. I don't think I'll need it too soon. If I ever did I know where you live. 😁

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am making a plan for doing the bodywork on my MK4 Roadster. I tried to order a set of "5 Eastwood Adjustable and Flexible Sanding Boards" as recommended in Jeff Kleiner's Feb 2011 MK4 Bodywork Thread. Turns out Eastwood does not carry them any more and I could not find them anywhere else on the web. Does anyone know of a source where I could get a set of these or should I just go with Eastwood's DURA BLOCK 7 PIECE SANDING BLOCK KIT? Dura-Block 7 Piece Sanding Blocks - DuraBlock - Automotive Sanding The Dura Block Kit is not adjustable.
Thanks
Bill
I used the dura blocks on my car you can't beat them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts