Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - I'm in the last through's after 11 yrs. to completing my Gen. 2 Coupe. After tearing my garage apart I cannot find the lower front Splash Guard Aluminum parts. If anyone could make a paper copy of theirs and send to me, I would be grateful. I of course will pay for all Postage and handling.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Are you talking about the piece that has the triangular areas on the ends (or sides?) with the thin piece that connects them under the radiator? I’ve heard lots of negative comments and posts about that piece, enough that I changed that whole thing into something a bit more practical. I cut the triangular pieces off, trimmed them to fit onto the nose pivots, and mounted my horns on them. Then, underneath the radiator, I reshaped the rear panel of the assembly that directs the air up through the nose vent to fit up against the bottom of the radiator. The other piece I made and mounted in the front of the nose is an air guide to send the air through the radiator by keeping air from going under the radiator or around the sides of it (a piece of bulb-seal goes across the top of the radiator to seal it). After seeing how easy it was to make the piece in the nose, I’m a little surprised that FFR didn’t design it in from the start. I kinda’ suck at posting pics right now but, if you IM your e-mail address to me, I’ll put together a pdf doc of pictures of what I built.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the rely. That is not the part I'm referring to. What I'm missing are the right & left lower Splash guards that are behind the Tires. They attach to the side of the 3/4" Frame and Pontoon and cover the lower portion of the Engine. They match the upper ones that attach to the Nose Clip.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time is only important to us Old Guys

Hey guys - Thanks! From the lack of any response, I forged ahead and fabricated the lower Splash Guards. I modified both the lower and upper Splash Guard Aluminum to provide (After testing) a significant reduction of heat under the Hood and Foot boxes.

·
Type 65 Coupe in progress
901 Posts
Hey guys - Thanks! From the lack of any response, I forged ahead and fabricated the lower Splash Guards. I modified both the lower and upper Splash Guard Aluminum to provide (After testing) a significant reduction of heat under the Hood and Foot boxes.
I am curious about the modifications you made. I have installed the lower splash guards but not the upper ones yet. Do you have photos of the mods you can post?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts