1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Does Ebay charge extra for punctuation?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,521 Posts
I used to live in the town next to Bradley. It is about 45 minutes from me. Wish it were in a little better shape.

Tom

·
Just Glad to be here - back to working on the car
1,633 Posts
Challenge hell, that is a short trip to the funny farm. I bet he has had it since the '70s. Looks more like a kit called a Valkyrie made in the late '60s and early '70s by some outfit in Santa Barbara. It was based mostly off Corvair running gear. They also made a shoebox looking kit for a VW Beetle that had only one sliding door on the passenger side and redwood plank bumpers. Hey, it was the '60s.

[ November 16, 2002, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Rocket Scientist ]

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Craig wrote:

.....It was based mostly off Corvair running gear.

If this were indeed the case, just getting replacement/missing donor parts would probably be the biggest challenge.

misu

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks like the Avenger kit. I remember seeing ads for those when I was a kid. I heard they used a Lamborguini Muira Windsheild. Might be a problem to get one of those now.

·
Charter Member
716 Posts
Yep, It is a Fiberfab Valkyrie. I had one with a midengine Ford 302 adapted to the Corvair transaxle, and '85 Corvette disc brakes. The windshield is Corvair, while the back window is '65 Mustang fastback. (Everyone needs a project)

Valkyries have a ladder style rectangular tube frame, and the Avengers use a VW pan.

They have a club that is at Kit Car Carlisle each year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts