978-500-8114 cell

·
FFCobra Fanatic
985 Posts
Got a pair but I'm in WI.Your for the shipping if you need them. Al

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Junk yard/Pick and Pull - there have to be some Mustang II's in there.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Not the best solution, but if your car is on the lift and your dead in the water, head to your local parts store and pick up some repair bearings. They are an aluminum "cartridge" that moves the bearing inboard to use a different section of the axle's bearing surface.

I would consider them temporary, but it will get your car off the lift and home tonight. You can then search for and purchase new axles and bearings at your leisure (and install yourself too)...

HTH...
Mark

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,884 Posts
I'm in NY can pull them out and ship to you for cost of shipping if that helps?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
Originally posted by Mustang Man:
Not the best solution, but if your car is on the lift and your dead in the water, head to your local parts store and pick up some repair bearings. They are an aluminum "cartridge" that moves the bearing inboard to use a different section of the axle's bearing surface.

I would consider them temporary, but it will get your car off the lift and home tonight. You can then search for and purchase new axles and bearings at your leisure (and install yourself too)...

HTH...
Mark
I tried those and still had axle leaks. Others have told me that they didn't have good luck with them either. They're made by Timken and Auto Zone carries them for $20 each if you want to try. Repair kit I ordered USA Alloy replacement axles from Summit complete with bearings, seals and studs.
Axles

·
Junior Charter Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! I am all set for the moment.
They are putting in the cartrige, so the heat
is off for now.

Thanks again for the phone calls!

Dan

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Jerry...

Which is why I said I would consider them temporary...

Mark

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Jeg's has one day service and they carry the 28 spline, 4 lug axles. Pete

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
Mark

Talk about temporary. Mine didn't make it a week and they were in the trash. I knew this risk when I bought them. I think the previous owner polished the heck out of the axles as they were 0.003 to 0.004" smaller than the replacements. Such is the case with used parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts