Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me the size of wheel (rim/tire for front and rear) that stock cars use? Could they fit in the roadster? One more thing, if a lower profile tire handles better, why do they use higher profile tires even when they race on a road courses?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Supermoderator
12,393 Posts
NASCAR wheels (NEXTEL Cup and Busch series) are all 15 x 10 with a 6" backspace. They are very heavy, being all steel. They would almost work on a roadster except for the 5 on 5" bolt circle and the 5/8" lug holes. As for the low-profile aspect, NASCAR mandates the 15" and Goodyear provides 15" tires. No choices are available for different sizes.

·
Charter Member
682 Posts
My Dad has 2 of them at his house with the tires mounted I saw no way they would work without lots of work. Were you wanting the front wheels to turn? Prob not an option with a set of these.

·
Senior Charter Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Swydra,

Is it because they are too wide? What size tires do they use (front and rear) on the 15's.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
If I remember correctly, they are 12" wide all around.

·
Senior Charter Member
540 Posts
This post managed to clear out some old cob-webs.
Stock Car Products has a variety of wheel sizes that they sell for Late Model and IMCA cars. While not exactly a NASCAR Cup wheel, they look pretty similar. I would suggest that these would be plenty strong for the street if so desired...and without the additional weight. Additionally, they offer a variety of bolt patterns and back spacing. Check it out....

http://www.stockcarproducts.com/wheels.htm

Regards,
Kevin

·
Senior Charter Member
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kevin,

I visited that web page some time ago and that is why I posted the question. The Bassett rim is the look and price I want to start this project. I guess the only Goodyear (DOT) road tires out there are the ones "ACE" and some of the other members have.

Thanks for everyone’s input.

Mark

·
Senior Charter Member
238 Posts
I have the 15x7 version from American Racing on my Astro van..... I love them....impossible to bend them on our lovely roads here in the Tristate area & let me tell you, I hit a pothole the other night that made all my instruments shut off & turn back on... Pat V

1 - 10 of 10 Posts