Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All ....
Going to make the move from the TT's clubs I have been w/ an give NASA a go, looking at ST1/TTU, as ST2 would mean running even lees motor than I have now. Looking for thoughts, opinions, suggestions so that I spend my winter wisely modifying things as necessary ?

General Details:

w/ small motor ( 345 FMS crate motor that is getting tired )
345hp @ crank
300 whp ( an old dyno sheet)
2753 lbs
Aero
DOT 275f/295-315 rear
I get a 9.173 w/ a -.6 ( -.4 FFR w/ Aero & -.2 weight & tire ??? ) factor for 8.573

w/ big motor ( was a stock block 351/393 stroker, will most likely be the same motor but w/ a new block & crank - long story )
530hp @ crank
450 est whp ( no dyno sheet )
2844 lbs ( this was a stock block, the DART will be a touch heavier)
Aero
DOT 275f/295-315 rear
I get a 6.311 w/ a -.6 ( -.4 FFR w/ Aero & -.2 weight & tire ??? ) factor for 5.711

Super Touring 1 (ST1) = “Adjusted Wt/Hp Ratio” equal to, or greater than,5.50:1
Super Touring 2 (ST2) = “Adjusted Wt/Hp Ratio” equal to, or greater than, 8.0:1
Super Touring 3 (ST3) = “Adjusted Wt/Hp Ratio” equal to, or greater than, 9.0:1
Super Touring R1 (STR1) = “Adjusted Wt/Hp Ratio” equal to, or greater than, 5.50:1
Super Touring R3 (STR3) = “Adjusted Wt/Hp Ratio” equal to, or greater than, 9.0:1

Thanks
Pat

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts
I would look at TTS and PTS for your power level. I can tell you that the TT S,R,U as well as ST1, 2 are changing for next season. There will be TT1, 2, 3 and but I'm not sure what the St classes will be yet. All the power to weight levels are changing as well as mod points.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nasa 2013 ....

The info I posted was direct form the ST/SU section in the NASA forums, the new rules for 2013 from Greg.

nasaforums.com • View topic - 2013 ST/SU Rules are Posted--10-13-12

Not as concerned w/ the TT stuff, but will go back and look at it for sure, it is kinda like a bonus ... really interested in the ST part of it.

Not too sure I am doing correctly but the little motor looks like ST2 & the big motor looks like ST1, I am sure regardless of designation there would be a TT class to fit in.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Just be wary that Greg wants to move all tube frame cars into STRx classes. He wanted to do it this year, but everyone complained that car counts were too low as is.

I will say the FFRC cars seem to do well in ST2 as long as it's not a top speed track. Otherwise our Aero kills us on the long straights. With a mod factor of .4 for any changes to try to fix that is a pretty big hit.

ST1 is a fast class, not sure how well they will do even with big power.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MHoward1 ... going down too a 275 in the rear just kills it, really need the tire w/ the increase in power ( at least from what I saw in the little time the big motor was running ) .. the car may not be competative right off, understood, but since I am just making my move to NASA I am not expecting big things right off, John G w/ the # 85 car keeps kicking my butt, so I have to assume for a bit it will be much of the same .... will at least get to me on track & I am sure I can find someone to play w/ either way ...

JohnG .. thanks, just wasn't that clear, will have to see what Jim says when he finally get's a chance to come up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.