Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASA has announced that they will start here in the PNW in 2013, so that means we will get a challenge series here at last! See NASA NorthWest | We Drive Harder

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big mistake so far is they don't accept the ICSCC license as something under which you could enter a NASA-sponsored race, as ICSCC accepts SCCA and SCCA accepts ICSCC license. I have both a SCCA and a ICSCC but not a NASA (gave it up when I moved to NW as no one accepted it). So I sent the regional director a message, so if your with him, put another message in his ear.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
that discussion was up today. i think that they will accept a scca license for 1 weekend then you will need to get a NASA license. check with them in the next couple of weeks. or if your going to be at the 25 hour they will be there....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If folks up here have to get a different license then I doubt that they will run NASA events, as you have to join NASA @ $45 and then get license @ $95 plus all the paper work to get the license. When SCCA folks run with ICSCC they can use the SCCA license (will be assigned numbers in the 700 series), when ICSCC folks run with SCCA they can use their ICSCC license (they have to join SCCA for the weekend that they run @ $10). So its sweet and simple. If NASA wants to get some of the SCCA and ICSCC drivers they will have to make it that simple.

Here are the ICSCC rules, I would hope NASA would be as simple

Any non-ICSCC licensed competitor entered in a Conference race must
present his/her credentials to the ICSCC License Director prior to
entering the race course. The following minimum requirements must be
met before a non-ICSCC license holder may compete in an ICSCC race:

A. Must hold a valid equivalent competition license issued by CACC,
SCCA, NASA or FIA/ASN. Licenses of other sanctioning bodies
may be honored at the discretion of the License Director.
E 613.

B. Must have proof of competing in at least two (2) races in the
cont. current and/or prior season.

C. Must hold a current valid driver’s license issued State, Province,
and/or other sovereign nation.

D. Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age in the US or
nineteen (19) years of age in Canada. (Fall 2010)
Competitors not meeting requirements 613 A and/or 613 B must
first run a Novice race under observation. They may then, at the
discretion of the License Director, be permitted to race in a Senior
race during the weekend.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It really is up to the local director, but it doesn't have to be complicated.

Many times it will come down to providing the director or chief instructor proof of experience, then a one day class to familiarize the person with the culture of the group, standing rules and policies, then a couple of sign off rides with appropriate conditions. Many times you can go to your sign off on Saturday, then have your provisional license to race with on Sunday.

Otherwise you need to go the longer process to get the experience documented

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The NASA NW inaugural weekend is coming up on the 5/4 and 5/5 at Pacific Raceways, hope to see some of you out in the HPDE sessions or just stopping by to check NASA out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.