Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After returning form the London Cobra show I posted on the other forum but didn't get around to it on here so I figured it was time to make (another) official Graduation post. I received my title/registration/tag on Monday and left for Columbus on Wednesday. The car had about 75 miles on it (mostly in my neighborhood) and now I have about 400 miles. Not only was it an awesome first LCS with my car but I was honored to have had the opportunity to park my car in the Factory Five Booth.

Back when I started this journey I decided not to create a build thread. There are already so many great ones on here that I have learned so much from over the last 4 years. I did choose to document my progress using Instagram aka my_cobra_build (Hence the title). Mostly because it was the easiest way for me to share with my family and friends but also just to reach a slightly different audience. Here is the one page overview of my build but I could go into more details on any of it.

My kit started as MKIV base kit ($9,999 special). I pulled the trigger on Thanksgiving Day 2017 and #9772 was delivered March 29th 2018.

Exterior
• Body – Lamborghini Grigio Lynx Metallic
• Stripes – Audi Vesuvius Gray Metallic
• Painter – Spotlight Customs in Georgia
• Misc. Paint – Trim and panels powder coated satin black, U-pol Raptor on underside of body and some exterior facing aluminum panels, several POR-15 painted parts
• Wheels – FFR 25th anniversary 18x 9 front and 18 x 11 rear
• Tires – Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 265/35/18 front and 315/30/18 rear

Drivetrain
• Engine – Gen 1 Coyote NMRA sealed crate motor (barely used), Comp stage 3 cams, billet OPG and crank sprocket, Moroso oil pan/pickup
• Intake – Cobra Jet intake manifold, VMP 67 mm throttle body, Performance MRP MAF housing/velocity stack, 6" K&N air filter
• Exhaust – FFR stainless headers wrapped in heatshield armor, Gas-N-Pipes stainless side pipes ceramic coated black
• Fuel System – Fuel Safe, Quantum Pro-M hanger, -8 supply and -6 return AN braided lines and fittings, Aeromotive pump and regulator, Fore innovations rails, 47 lb injectors
• Tune – Lund Racing 93 and E85
• Transmission – Tremec TKO 600 rebuilt by Hanlon Motorsports, Silver Sport Transmissions Midshift kit, McLeod RST clutch and flywheel, Quicktime bellhousing, Forte external hydraulic/slave clutch kit
• Differential – Mustang S550 Performance Pack Torsen 3:73

Interior
• Dash – Speedhut gauges, Billet Automotive Buttons, Alex’s slim glovebox, dash plates, 60s mustang headlight and ignition switch
• Wheel – Ford Cobra Jet steering wheel, Russ Thompson turn signal/hub
• Carpet – Lizardskin heat/sound insulation, ‘Bentley’ black carpet
• Upholstery – Stoneligh seats (heated), transmission tunnel, doors, shifter and e-brake boots all by Intatrim
• Audio – Kenwood Bluetooth amp, Fusion marine co-axial 4” & 6” speakers

Other
• Suspension – 2015+ IRS, Koni coilovers, FFR anti-sway bars, FFR control arms, 94/95 spindles
• Brakes – Hydroboost, GT500 ABS, Mustang Cobra front with EBC red stuff pads & 2015 rear brakes, Scotts hotrods triple reservoir, Lokar universal e-brake
• Electrical – Optima yellow top battery, Boss alternator, Ron Francis harness, Ford control pack, Joes Racing master cutoff, 12v/USB ports under dash and in trunk, hella horn
• Lighting – Rigid Trucklite headlights, red and amber LED bulbs for brake and turn signals, red LED bolt bulbs in the roll bar, LED bolt lights for the license plate, under dash and trunk LED light strips
• Additions – KRC power steering, dual 2” roll bars, FFR wings and visors with new tinted plexiglass, Wilwood pedal box, H3R fire extinguisher, PS cooler, UPR catch can, Moroso coolant tank, oil cooler, and a bunch of Breeze parts
• Modifications – Shortened roll bars (2 inches), 3rd brake light in roll bars, drop trunk/storage/access, relocated e-brake, fresh air footbox vents with fans, remote oil filter, carpeted trunk, widened driver footbox, full under dash support, tinted windshield, coyote gas pedal/pad mods, several fabricated aluminum panels.

20210620_184534.jpg 20210620_184728.jpg 20210620_184936.jpg 20210620_184952.jpg 20210620_185508.jpg 20210624_140827.jpg 20210625_104138.jpg 20210625_191859.jpg IMG_0134.jpg 20210626_112532.jpg

·
Premium Member
18,103 Posts
I was looking at your car very closely on Sunday. Beautiful job. Nice attention to detail. :)

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Congrats! Lots of great work there. The color complements those wheels so well and the stance is spot on. Nailed it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
After returning form the London Cobra show I posted on the other forum but didn't get around to it on here so I figured it was time to make (another) official Graduation post. I received my title/registration/tag on Monday and left for Columbus on Wednesday. The car had about 75 miles on it (mostly in my neighborhood) and now I have about 400 miles. Not only was it an awesome first LCS with my car but I was honored to have had the opportunity to park my car in the Factory Five Booth.

Back when I started this journey I decided not to create a build thread. There are already so many great ones on here that I have learned so much from over the last 4 years. I did choose to document my progress using Instagram aka my_cobra_build (Hence the title). Mostly because it was the easiest way for me to share with my family and friends but also just to reach a slightly different audience. Here is the one page overview of my build but I could go into more details on any of it.

My kit started as MKIV base kit ($9,999 special). I pulled the trigger on Thanksgiving Day 2017 and #9772 was delivered March 29th 2018.

Exterior
• Body – Lamborghini Grigio Lynx Metallic
• Stripes – Audi Vesuvius Gray Metallic
• Painter – Spotlight Customs in Georgia
• Misc. Paint – Trim and panels powder coated satin black, U-pol Raptor on underside of body and some exterior facing aluminum panels, several POR-15 painted parts
• Wheels – FFR 25th anniversary 18x 9 front and 18 x 11 rear
• Tires – Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 265/35/18 front and 315/30/18 rear

Drivetrain
• Engine – Gen 1 Coyote NMRA sealed crate motor (barely used), Comp stage 3 cams, billet OPG and crank sprocket, Moroso oil pan/pickup
• Intake – Cobra Jet intake manifold, VMP 67 mm throttle body, Performance MRP MAF housing/velocity stack, 6" K&N air filter
• Exhaust – FFR stainless headers wrapped in heatshield armor, Gas-N-Pipes stainless side pipes ceramic coated black
• Fuel System – Fuel Safe, Quantum Pro-M hanger, -8 supply and -6 return AN braided lines and fittings, Aeromotive pump and regulator, Fore innovations rails, 47 lb injectors
• Tune – Lund Racing 93 and E85
• Transmission – Tremec TKO 600 rebuilt by Hanlon Motorsports, Silver Sport Transmissions Midshift kit, McLeod RST clutch and flywheel, Quicktime bellhousing, Forte external hydraulic/slave clutch kit
• Differential – Mustang S550 Performance Pack Torsen 3:73

Interior
• Dash – Speedhut gauges, Billet Automotive Buttons, Alex’s slim glovebox, dash plates, 60s mustang headlight and ignition switch
• Wheel – Ford Cobra Jet steering wheel, Russ Thompson turn signal/hub
• Carpet – Lizardskin heat/sound insulation, ‘Bentley’ black carpet
• Upholstery – Stoneligh seats (heated), transmission tunnel, doors, shifter and e-brake boots all by Intatrim
• Audio – Kenwood Bluetooth amp, Fusion marine co-axial 4” & 6” speakers

Other
• Suspension – 2015+ IRS, Koni coilovers, FFR anti-sway bars, FFR control arms, 94/95 spindles
• Brakes – Hydroboost, GT500 ABS, Mustang Cobra front with EBC red stuff pads & 2015 rear brakes, Scotts hotrods triple reservoir, Lokar universal e-brake
• Electrical – Optima yellow top battery, Boss alternator, Ron Francis harness, Ford control pack, Joes Racing master cutoff, 12v/USB ports under dash and in trunk, hella horn
• Lighting – Rigid Trucklite headlights, red and amber LED bulbs for brake and turn signals, red LED bolt bulbs in the roll bar, LED bolt lights for the license plate, under dash and trunk LED light strips
• Additions – KRC power steering, dual 2” roll bars, FFR wings and visors with new tinted plexiglass, Wilwood pedal box, H3R fire extinguisher, PS cooler, UPR catch can, Moroso coolant tank, oil cooler, and a bunch of Breeze parts
• Modifications – Shortened roll bars (2 inches), 3rd brake light in roll bars, drop trunk/storage/access, relocated e-brake, fresh air footbox vents with fans, remote oil filter, carpeted trunk, widened driver footbox, full under dash support, tinted windshield, coyote gas pedal/pad mods, several fabricated aluminum panels.

View attachment 364381 View attachment 364372 View attachment 364373 View attachment 364374 View attachment 364375 View attachment 364376 View attachment 364377 View attachment 364378 View attachment 364379 View attachment 364380 View attachment 364381
Very nice car, I'm glad you got my good side in the picture that's me in the red shirt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts