Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, my wife also like to drive my MK3 FFR roadster.

I am 6' 2". The driver seat is positioned as far back as possible. She can not reach the pedals.

How can I make the seat move foreward easily without raising the seat? Or raise it not more than 1/2".
thanks in advance for your answer.
Cees

·
Registered
385 Posts
could put blocks on the pedals :laugh2:

·
Senior Charter Member
3,600 Posts
Even though I drive all the way back, I installed slider so the wife could drive on the long hauls.

I would think appropriate sized bottom and back pads could suffice if they were secured from movement. Maybe find a fiberglass tub and go from there. Just make sure she has support under the extended legs.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
There is a thread on how to mount sliders to plates then the plates to the floor. Raises the seat very slightly. The sliders are about $30 @ JEGS & Summit.

Can't remember the name of the thread but there were a number of good ways to do this. Picture was mine.

·
Registered
153 Posts
There is a thread on how to mount sliders to plates then the plates to the floor. Raises the seat very slightly. The sliders are about $30 @ JEGS & Summit.

Can't remember the name of the thread but there were a number of good ways to do this. Picture was mine.
I am 6'3" with a 36" inseam. I tried to install these sliders and they raised the seat to high for me to get my knees under the dash. They raise the seat about 1 inch, which made it just to high to fit.

Rick

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rick,
thanks for your suggestions. I found the thread
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-factory-five-roadsters/291690-sparco-seat-slider-installation.html
I also found the kits in summit and jegs. Breeze is adjustable but no sliders, I believe.
It would be nice to fabricate the sliders to the side of a steel bar so that the seat does not raise too much.

Wereaglescot,
Yes this was my suggestion too. It did not happen for some time .....

Real time recon,
I do not appreciate your advise / joke.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,449 Posts
In a thread some time ago someone recommended using a stadium cushion like this
https://www.amazon.com/Cushion-Holding-Handle-Velcro-Guidesman/dp/B013XQXY1O/ref=lp_3395081_1_12?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1496241934&sr=1-12
They come in a ton of varieties. Advantage is they are closed cell (no need for a cover) and the correct firmness for the purpose. They bend easily to use as a back cushion and can be trimmed to size if needed. Many times they can be found in sporting goods stores so not necessary to use the web although it's great for researching.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have been trying to convince my wife to drive the car now that all the bugs are worked out. She is too nervous and scared to drive the car so far, but I am confident she can and will eventually.
Not sure what seats you have, but I installed the summit racing seat sliders on the FFR highback seats. The sliders work perfectly and will work great when she's ready. The only downside is that the FFR side mirrors aren't easily adjustable.

·
8,350 Posts
Help her build another for her!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,054 Posts
Mel (my girlfriend) does most of the driving. (About 7,000mi each of last two yrs.) We are both "short, so no problem there. What I did ,was to add extra padding to lower seat cushion(very easy to do). Than we each have our "own" cushion for our backs
, depending on who is driving? Works for us---Good luck
HTH
Butch

Reactions: WIS89

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi,
Just got back from a weekend with Racing Adventures in Houston. The whole purpose was to get the wife more comfortable driving our Mk 3.1. It has been on the road 2 years but she was intimidated by it. We both drove their challenger cobra cars for 2 days around a somewhat technical track. I have been to other schools previously but practice never hurts. She is now ready and comfortable to learn in our car. She was never in reverse gear and all my switches are unlabeled. They did have sliders on the seat but we both needed them full forward to fit properly. Our car has Breeze seat mounts that don't adjust easy but we will both fit close enough for 1 seat position. I hope I haven't created a monster! Told her about that old video but need to have her view it too.
Marlin

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,449 Posts
Hi,
...Told her about that old video but need to have her view it too.
Marlin
Why? It won't help a bit. With that school behind her, I think that video will just make her more nervous. She will be fine.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Breeze Seat Installation Kit - Latest version

We finally got our photo upload capability back so I have updated the photos of our seat installation kit, which I revised this spring for easier installation and more comfort.

Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing

If anyone has an un-installed older version of our 70602 the offer stands to upgrade for only the cost for you to return the tapered platforms to Breeze. I will install rivet-nuts, add the revised hardware and the hardboard filler panels and return to you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts