Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was thrilled wuth her first ride. She loved the Kirkey seat with its all encompassing sense of security.

She loved our motorcycle with the rushing wind and the exhaust note and she loves the car even more.

I was surprised that she did not get into the "why are you going so fast mode" that she sometimes does in my Element or her car, which is a V6 Honda Accord.

Seems that the Cobra makes her feel secure in some way and the excitement of the ride blanks out the "too fast syndrome".

I was pretty jazzed with all this. After all, she suggested the Cobra in lieu of another motorcycle, and put up with months of disaster zone in the garage area during the build. It would have been nasty if she did not like the car or felt uncomfortable in it. Fortunately the total opposite is true.
:cool:

·
FFCobra Craftsman
849 Posts
That's great. I've wondered if my wife will like it not. I had a Harley for awhile and she didn't like riding because the cars were too close on the highway. I ended up selling it. With the Cobra I'm trying to make it comfortable for her ie: extended/ dropped footbox, better seats and A/C so she'll ride with me. It makes it a heck of a lot more fun if your wife enjoys it as much as you. Sounds like you've got some fun weekends ahead of you.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think one of the things that helped were the Kirkey racing seats that feel very secure and the fact that she is just kind of enveloped by the car.

I have the quality roadster A/C too, and wish I had extended the passenger footbox. I did do the driver side .

Good luck.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,623 Posts
Congrrats on the car AND...a wife that appreciates it. They are rare indeed and deserving of all our love, attention and praise, especially when it comes time to buy those new heads.

All kidding aside, building and driving one of these things would only be half the fun without sharing it with someone.

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
Shep,
I had Sergio and Ken Bush out to my place a few weeks ago, and all the wife could say was "Thats all you need...The need for speed" :D
She took a ride in Ken's Car and I was riding in Sergio's SuperCobra, she enjoyed it, but I could see the look in her eyes that I was going to be spending a lot on my "Money Pit" But all is fair in Love and War... We agreed that once she got her Harley, I could have my Cobra, and it's almost time to "pay the fiddler" I'm waiting until I retire from the Navy to build mine, the reason for the wait is simple: I don't want to end up being deployed from six to eight month's and having to pick up where I left off, things end up getting lost,misplaced,etc...I just want to be able to put my undivided attention to this build, I fore see a few minor setbacks (a few backorders I expect)Uncle Sam ordering me to go back to the Persian Gulf is not one of them.
Glad the Mrs. liked the ride, hoping my wife will learn to enjoy my hobby as much as I do.
Have a great Day!
Ben

·
Registered
340 Posts
In my experience women tend not to like the car because their hair blows all over and gets messed up. Glad to hear you found one who is able to overlook this inconvenience.

·
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by sgspeed:

I was pretty jazzed with all this.
:cool:
Really? GREAT!!

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife evidently has a need for speed and since her hair is short and curly, it looks the same all the time. She could come out of a wind tunnel and go to a dinner party. Fortunately, lipstick will not blow off, because the cant live without that. She is even busy applying it after swimming off our boat....

The Cobra was her suggestion after I threatened to get another bike....Ok with me.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
My wife has always been a car fan and she's been the driving force with this car, but before I bought it we stopped at a local Superformance dealer and they took her for a ride. When she came back she said she wanted one and if I didn't build one she would have to.

·
Charter Member
1,730 Posts
Very Cool! My Wife started off very conservatively about riding and now she "borrows" the Cobra to visit her Aunt and Mother out of town. Gives them rides too. So all things are truely possible.-John

·
Charter Member
66 Posts
I've been planning to build the roadster, but my wife saw the FFR promotional video and now wants me to get a spec racer so SHE CAN RACE IT! Says it looks like lots of fun. WhatamIgonnado with that?

:rolleyes: :eek:

Ken

·
Registered
355 Posts
My Wife always has a smile on her face when she drives her cobra. It's great when they have the same hobbys!

Ron

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Originally posted by KenMoon:
I've been planning to build the roadster, but my wife saw the FFR promotional video and now wants me to get a spec racer so SHE CAN RACE IT! Says it looks like lots of fun. WhatamIgonnado with that?

:rolleyes: :eek:

Ken
Buy one QUICK. You are a lucky man.

- SB

·
Registered
355 Posts
It looks like a Dwarf but it sounds like an Airplane! ;)

Ron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts