Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a hurst shifter on a T5. there is no grinding, just the act of putting in gear requires more effort, sometimes with a squeaking sound. i suspect the shifter itself has more friction than it used to.

can i lubricate the hurst shifter, how is that done, or am i on the wrong track?

thanks!

-james

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
James- if you take out the four bolts that hold the shifter stops to the top of the aluminum Hurst base, the lever should come out the top. When you pull the lever out, be careful not to lose the centering springs. They sit on either side of the lever and come straight out the top when you start to pull the lever out. Or, you can pluck them out with a pick beforehand. The lever has a large pivot ball about halfway down that should have some grease on it to shift smoothly. I hope that's the source of your problem.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Hurst uses a Nylon/Teflon(not sure which) socket that the shifter piviots on,make sure it is there.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
i had to grind away some of the ffr handle where it bolted to the hurst shifter ,it was hitting the shifter not allowing it to fully engage first gear.....vinny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.