Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks to Joey at performance automotive for the excellent build. 347 dyno'd at455hp/430tq
motor - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks great, what cam and heads?

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Great looking build and motor. I'm just curious is it a 347 or a 427? Your post says 347 but the valve cover in the picture says 427.
Some times people don't understand that Shelby named the car a 427 not the engine. Fact is that most of the big block cars sold had 428's in them due to Ford giving all the 427's to Nascar teams yet they still had 427 emblems on them. Confusing but good to know when that question is asked at shows etc. and it will be.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
x2 no need for me to put a big block in my car. money, and weight being a factor, and the motor makes as much power as a 427, plus I like the look of the chrome covers with those badges. It is a "replica" of course

·
DRIVING!!!
307 Posts
looks great !!!!...jealous...jealous...jealous...:icon18:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
395 Posts
Around here you would constantly hear "that's not a 427". Lex I understand and explain the difference between the 427 body style and the slabside. They don't care to "get it". This is what I did and by the way I'm very proud of my car and what is in it. Luey don't take it the wrong way still love your build and your motor -

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
It used to be a 427 emblem. A bit of 400 grit and you have a blank emblem. Polish it and use decals. You can't tell mine from a 427 emblem other than its a 347. A company called Billet Badges also makes a really nice badge but they are 90 bucks a piece. Theirs say "347" then in smaller letters "stroker" Beautiful badge but a bit too pricey for me.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Around here you would constantly hear "that's not a 427". Lex I understand and explain the difference between the 427 body style and the slabside. They don't care to "get it". This is what I did and by the way I'm very proud of my car and what is in it. Luey don't take it the wrong way still love your build and your motor -
no prob, we all build our cars how we like em! nice job on that emblem!

·
We know what you're up to
4,700 Posts
I guess the guys with a 427w can partially avoid this argument even though they don't have a 427 FE side-oiler. Oh well, it can be a conversation piece. Cheers on the beautiful engine Luey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.