Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
consummate slacker
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new set of valve covers this week, and, as with everything, I did a little tweeking to make them more to my liking. I polished the brushed fins, and painted the field behind it. My girlfriend, who knows nothing about cars, thinks it doesn't look as good. I want the opinion of the experts (or just opinionated) folks on this forum. Which do you like better.
Before:

or After:

The pics do neither justice, but flame on if I need it. My ego's too big anyway.
Thanks

·
2,746 Posts
I like it. More important is that you like it, it's your car.

Chris.

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
Before installing put some RTV around the oil fill tube from underneath. Just about every valve cover that I have seen including mine leak there

·
Certified Mad Scientist
2,150 Posts
My wife likes the "after" better, and she is far from being a car person. I tend to like the after better myself, although I might have gone with a different color, like black, but that's just me. Go with the painted and polished ones if that's what YOU like. You are what it's all about!!! But then again, I don't know what your girlfriend looks like! LOL

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
1. The only opinion that counts is yours.
2. The covers are nice, but have to see it with the engine in full dress and how you have your engine compartment done.
3. See #1 - some people like everything shiny, some like a more understated look.
4. The answer to your question - I like what you did to them, am waiting for pic for #2 to get the overall effect.

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts
After. Like TXBLU, for me not blue. But I'm thinking the blue is playing into a larger scheme.
The most important opinion is yours.
Your girlfriend had better be damn hot to go criticizing your work like that! :D

·
Junior Charter Member
333 Posts
OK, so where do the feet fit in. If they hang below when installed, as they do in the uninstalled pic, don't they get hot from the headers?? So much for the nice shoes! LOL

I like the painted version.

Peter

·
FFCobra Fanatic
985 Posts
After.
It's been a long time, but if a girlfriend is like a wife, tell her she was right anyways!

·
Junior Charter Member
693 Posts
Definately after. But if you are hoping for your girlfriend to someday be your wife, you're gonna have to learn that her opinion is more important than yours, or anyone elses for that matter :D

Nice work!

·
Charter Member
729 Posts
BLUE

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts
After, but then I'm a bit biased.

·
consummate slacker
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like the after as well, but I wanted to prove to her that I know what I'm doing. DMW, our motors will look the same when done. Talbert, chicks dig me. And my shoes.
Rob

1 - 20 of 27 Posts