Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob called me yesterday to let me know my new 17" pin-drive wheels with white centers have been air freighted out of South Africa along with 4 other sets destined for waiting customers around the United States and should clear customs in San Diego in the next day or two. The second shipment (100 sets) will arrive in about 8 weeks. I will post photos as soon as I get them.
Don

·
FFCobra Fanatic
903 Posts
Can you post a link to your wheel vendor? The Vintage page I see on the vendor links doesn't show anything but 15's. I'd spent some time looking for good 17" pin-drives for my someday-FFR, and I found a lot of 15" wheels and some 17" bolt-on look-alikes, but no 17's.

Looking forward to seeing pics!
Thanks,
Peter

·
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peter, go to the Vintage Wheel site and at the bottom of the page there will be a CAD drawing of the wheels. At this time there are no photo available for the 17", I will be sending Bob some photos of my wheels so he can get them on his site. The new 17" is a one piece with the pin-drive adapter just like the 15".
Don

·
FFCobra Fanatic
903 Posts
Thanks. My browser window was small enough I didn't see the 17's on the banner page, and I was POSITIVE I hadn't seem them on the products page.

Those are so pretty it makes me think illogical thoughts about pin-drive end-tables and ottomans instead of the new furniture my wife wants!

Can't wait to see them on your car!
Peter

·
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rule number one for building a roadster - keep the wife happy.
Rule number two for building a roadster - keep the wife happy.
Everything else will fall into place on it's own from there. In other words buy the furniture first LOL.
I'm sure the wheels will look much better than the CAD drawings.
Don

·
FFCobra Fanatic
903 Posts
Did you go for the spoked wheels or the classic "Halibrand" or whatever you call it style? Both look pretty sharp.

I take it you can get the end-caps in white or crome? Is the overall finish polished or satin?
Peter

·
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Halibrand style reproduction is the only one their doing in the 15" & 17". The standard wheel has a polished rim with a gray center, mine are the only ones done with a white center.
Don

·
Junior Charter Member
1,991 Posts
Don,

Do you know if they will be available in full polish as well?

Lukas

·
601 Posts
Don, you do know that you will have to post a picture once they arrive!!!!

·
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lukas, I called Bob at Vintage Wheels and he said they have no plans of offering fully polished wheels as the price is higher than most are willing to pay. Your best bet is to have them done in your home area, then if you don’t like the way they turned out you can easily take them back to your polishing shop and have them redone.
Mike, I will defiantly be posting photos of the wheels when I get them. I will have photos of them in the nude and then photos after they have been fit with 255/40/17 and 315/35/17 Yokohama A032R. Bob let me know that as of today my wheels are still in customs in San Diego, I guess these wheels must have too much speed in them :D
Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts