Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck delivered my transaxle today just before lunch. And I already have it installed! This was too simple! What an enjoyable experience after months of sanding!!!!!!! The Mendeola is quite a masterful work of art. Now I just have to finish. Guys this is what it's all about!!

Attachments

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
OK i'll ask is this from Mendy or from FFR and what is the final drive ratio? Just wondering. Richard.
I do not believe there are any more Mendeola transaxles being sold through FFR. All current build Mendeola boxes for GTMs are being sold directly from the Mendeola factory. While these orders may have been "in line" from the FFR promotion, all those funds, to the best of my knowledge, if a gearbox was not already delivered, were returned to the customers and deals were then "continued" through Mendeola on a case by case basis. So these gearboxes may or may not have been purchased with the initial lot through FFR, but are currently only being sold through Mendeola.

That said, it is also my understanding that the 3:55 R&P that was developed specifically through FFR for use in the GTM is now available through Mendeola directly.

THAT said, Mendeola is working on a next generation transaxle that has many MANY more R&P choices, individual gear choices, and will give near 30 different differential choices. It won't be in the same price range as the GTM SDR, but it will address many of the concerns raised by people as far as available options.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The truck delivered my transaxle today just before lunch. And I already have it installed! This was too simple! What an enjoyable experience after months of sanding!!!!!!! The Mendeola is quite a masterful work of art. Now I just have to finish. Guys this is what it's all about!!
dm65, which clutch/flywheel did you use? I'm having trouble with clearance on the pressure plate. I bought a clutch kit by exedy from amazon which I thought was right.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
List of Mendeola parts requirements

Here is the list of requirements. It was in another thread and I copies it.
Maybe this will help:[/COLOR] Flywheel is a LS1/LS6 flat friction surface
JEGS# 601260 1997-2004 GM LS1/LS6 Flywheel
Chevrolet Flywheels
1997-2004 GM LS1/LS6 Flywheel
Fits 5.7L LS1/LS6
Utilizes 11.0" Clutch
168-Tooth, 14-1/8" Diameter Ring Gear
24.4 lb. Total Weight
Replaces GM 12554130N
1997-2004 Corvette
1998-2002 Camaro/Firebird
Pressure plate & clutch disc is a unit to fit above flywheel
Examples:

Kennedy Engineering part # 1760 sprung hub street disk & stage 1 plate
SPEC Stage 1 clutch kit, SPEC part number SC091
SPEC Stage 2 clutch kit, SPEC part number SC092
EXEDY clutch kit and flywheel package part #04173

Pilot bearing, standard LS Gm? Yes, Standard GM pilot bearing
Slave cylinder provided by Mendeola. Yes, 7/8" bore.
Maximum travel 1 1/8".
What will be the best MC size to use as I dont have these yet?
3/4" or 5/8"
3/4" will be a heavier pedal feel but usable, with closer towards the top release
5/8" will be lighter pedal feel with closer to the floor release
3/4 is standard unit from what I understand from FFR

Whatever MC is used we recommend an adjustable clutch pedal stop.
What is the end fitting?
3/16" standard American brake line fitting
Starter - confirmed to be the IMI 140 and needs cleareancing/heat wrap. Seperate post stated MSD won't work.
Correct
CVs - what is needed?
1976-1984 Porsche 911 Turbo 40mm Wide CV joints
Part #: 93033203400

Reverse Switch - included ? Included
VSS - Mount or location provided? Yes
Shifter - Sold by FFR? Mendeola? Est costs? FFR is providing Information and mounting of this unit.
Mounting - will it bolt to existing mounting points? FFR will provide mounting brackets.
When I ordered my GTM I stated I was using the mendeola. What is included from ffr vs the porsche box? FFr should be providing everything to bolt the unit in.
Missing anything?
Breather box
oil cooling/circulation system
temp. gauge and sender
10mm x 1.50 bolts for CV's

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
Just an FYI-www.myraceshop.com sells a CV kit that fits both Porsche boxes and the Mendeola boxes...

930 CV Kit

Includes bolts, boots, grease, CVs, and is a complete kit to finish off the install of either box into the GTM. You will need to buy nothing further as far as attaching the axles to the transaxle. It is a COMPLETE CV kit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.