Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recieved my koolmat kit last week from Breeze. I just now got a chance to open it. Cockpit and Rear wall.

I still have not finalized the dash because I let some one have my center dash support to have something really fun and custom done. He still has it. I will share more on that when I get it back. Until the dash is done I can not start on this process.

In case anyone was wanting to see what the kit may look like here is a pic.

Thin material that is a heat, sound and water barrier you have to love that. I'm still some time off from it but I wanted on hand and let it flatten out a little.

For potential buyers they all seem cut pretty well I am sure there will be adjustments.

You have to cut out some items specific to your car, seat belts shifter and ebrake to name a couple. As excepted.

My plan:

Make sure all gaps are sealed with silicon and clean all surfaces.

1. Mock up the entire kit. Double sided tape and clips.

2. Make cut outs and adjustments. Just enough to make it fit and then trim after its secure.

3. Start with back wall for practice. More open.

4. Use contact cement (roller and brush) on the surface and mat.

Do you need the cement on both surfaces?

Put down wax paper (Mark R. Suggested) line it up and slip the paper out and make last second adjustments.. probably going to need an extra set of hands.

Smooth it out with some type of roller and plastic straight edge.

5. Use silicon on the joints.
20200121_120321.jpg

·
Curious George
416 Posts
I recieved my koolmat kit last week from Breeze. I just now got a chance to open it. Cockpit and Rear wall.

I still have not finalized the dash because I let some one have my center dash support to have something really fun and custom done. He still has it. I will share more on that when I get it back. Until the dash is done I can not start on this process.

In case anyone was wanting to see what the kit may look like here is a pic.

Thin material that is a heat, sound and water barrier you have to love that. I'm still some time off from it but I wanted on hand and let it flatten out a little.

For potential buyers they all seem cut pretty well I am sure there will be adjustments.

You have to cut out some items specific to your car, seat belts shifter and ebrake to name a couple. As excepted.

My plan:

Make sure all gaps are sealed with silicon and clean all surfaces.

1. Mock up the entire kit. Double sided tape and clips.

2. Make cut outs and adjustments. Just enough to make it fit and then trim after its secure.

3. Start with back wall for practice. More open.

4. Use contact cement (roller and brush) on the surface and mat.

Do you need the cement on both surfaces?

Put down wax paper (Mark R. Suggested) line it up and slip the paper out and make last second adjustments.. probably going to need an extra set of hands.

Smooth it out with some type of roller and plastic straight edge.

5. Use silicon on the joints. View attachment 357039
I'm contemplating this kit, what is your experience so far? buy it again? or buy your own and trim?

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I would buy it again. I only had issues with it because of my mistakes.
It's thinner and solid. It water, sound and heat barrier.

It works. Plus using the silicone for the carpet I think made life so much easier.

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a horrible pic lol

Also the precut kit makes life so much better. Though you have trim the pieces.
20200408_111340.jpg

20200408_110025.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts