Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I’ve finally decided to build a roadster. All I had to do was show my wife the free DVD and she was sold as well. I’ve had the build manual for a month or so and was a little intimidated at first but as I’ve spent more time on this site I can see all the support that I need is right here. However I can also see that this site will be my worst enemy when I try to stick to a budget.

I’ve recently stopped by Whitby’s on my way through Greensboro. What a nice bunch of guys. They took time to show me a lot about the cars and answered any questions that I had.

Now the search begins for a good donor. Hopefully FFR will have a year end sale next year too. Planning on an 08 graduation. Wish me luck.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,168 Posts
Hank,
Welcome to the madness! You and your wife will have a blast.
Pete

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Nothing but good help and other builders more than willing to help you spend your money!!

Welcome...if you can't find the answer here, it doesn't need to be on your Cobra!!

·
Junior Charter Member
66 Posts
You are going to have a great time both building your car and learning from the great group of guys on this forum. Not to mention the great product you'll receive from FFR. I waited until almost the end of my build before I asked any questions, boy was that a mistake! Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Welcome Hank. Building the car will be an experience that you will not regret.

If there is any way you can come up to the FFR open house in June, by all means do. You'll get to do the plant tour, see a lot of beautiful cars, and talk to some nice people.

Good luck and welcome.

Charlie

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Hank
It is great that you have your wufes buyin. It helps when you need that third hand. My wife is a real trooper, this is her third build. Good Luck and enjoy the ride.
Tim

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Change that to Wife, not wufes

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Took me two years to build my Coupe, wife now knows all the various wrench sizes and types. Most fun we've ever had with our clothes on but that is another story!! Any special parts you need for your build can be had from the various vendors on this forum. I made nunerous mods to my build after viewing this forum thinking thats a good idea I'll include that. BUILD SLOW THINK AHEAD and use this forum, if you have any kind of question it's all here somewhere (use the search function). No question is to trivial to answer.
Welcome!!
CB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts