Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I have the manual, but they are often wrong!

Keep in mind my donor is a '98 Cobra (yes, I'm going to put the DOHC in there & no, that's not open to discussion :D ).

Can I mark the aluminum firt thing and end up with a good final fit (you know, just tracing the frame and making hash marks)? Thx.

[ April 27, 2002, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Ed Hubbard ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,015 Posts
Yes, mark the panels for both holes & hash marks while taking them off.

.....but first, I would double check & inspect all parts right away for shipping damages or missing items.

Oh, and don't forget to set one of the seats in place, unpack the steering wheel,then hop inthe car & make car noises :D .......... this way, everyone at your house will be totally convinced that you have lost your mind. ;)

Good luck on your DOHC project.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Buy beer for the unloading crew :D

·
6,546 Posts
Ed:

You HAVE to check out the Knotts pictures, your car is in it.

:D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YES! Who's is that, do you know? I'm most interested in the headers! Can someone help connect me with the person building that? Maybe I'll start another topic...?

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
Well, so much for me being first with a DOHC motor. :( Please post pics of your progress.

Enjoy the build, it's a blast.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ed,

There's a guy in Ocala running a DOHC motor in an FFR. I will try to track down his number for you as he might be helpful answering any questions that come up during the build. It should make a wonderful combo in that car! Good luck with the build and please posts a bunch of pics for us to drool over :D !

Mike

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Wasn't there a DOHC FFR at the open house last year?
RR

[ April 28, 2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: RacingRob ]

·
7,709 Posts
FIRST: take your wife (or significant other) out to a nice dinner.

SECOND: while at dinner, tell her that you are going to busy for a long while. But, you will think of her often.

THIRD: open an account at a florist. Have flowers sent every few weeks.

FOURTH: invite her into the garage and have her help!!!

Really, just make sure you check off what was delivered vs. what is back ordered. Reference phots are a must before you start to take anything off of the frame. Mark not only the panels with the frame, but also what the panels are (IE: drivers foot box lower etc.)

(Beer, soda and food for the unloading party is good too!)

Good luck and have fun....

Ray

·
FFCobra Fanatic
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, any help / intros will be much appreciated.

On the wife front. that's good advice! I have been a gear head my whole life though so she's used to it. Maybe not something this involved, but she's also heard me tell her 'trust me' lots of times before & so far I'm batting close to 100 - I think this buys me some leeway but I could be way off here :eek: !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts