·
Registered
126 Posts
Gonna throw an unload party? ;-)

·
Curious George
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
28 boxes so far, 3 on backorder... 4 of them are the bronze wheels (barely visible on left)

the Stewart crane was really cool - my car was #10 of 10 in delivery so it was ALL the way in the back...

you can see the trunk how it's higher with this new mold...

·
Not a waxer
11,764 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats, Todd! This looks like the morning. Did they have to wait until the next day?

·
Curious George
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats, Todd! This looks like the morning. Did they have to wait until the next day?
yup, the driver (Mark) called me at 7:30 the night before, and said he 'would' unload it - but I could tell he was gassed - I told him to get a night's sleep and we could do it the next morning... he was super happy, and I feel it was a way better experience instead of having a tired driver...

super stoked!

and oh, the unboxing and inventory has begun! Starting inventory…

·
Senior Charter Member
6,515 Posts
I hope you get as much enjoyment out of building and driving as I did, and do.

Regards, Rick.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,384 Posts
Now you've done it!!!!

Your garage will be your home, make it comfortable. Your fingers, hands, elbows and knees will have all kinds of cuts, scrapes and bruises, but you won’t care. You will come to know personally all the auto parts, hardware, and tool suppliers in your area - and curse them for closing as early as 9 PM. You will stay awake long nights working in the garage and wonder if you can drill hole "quietly"…at midnight! You'll spend WAY more than you ever thought and you will come to know your UPS and FedEx delivery guy on a first name basis, and then eventually start shipping those prized boxes to your work address and sneak them into the garage…so she doesn’t find out…which will work out well, cause she doesn’t like the smell of friction modifier in gear oil...it's like wife repellent. As your build starts to get closer to completion, you’ll go missing…you buddies will stop calling you (they know you’re busy)…and your wife will complain you just don’t pay enough attention to her lately…OK, 10 minutes for the wife...after all she has needs too...nope, make that 5 minutes...you know…it’s the car you’ve always wanted..there's nothing more fun than this!

And finally, your friends and family will think you're crazy…I mean really, who builds their own car for Pete’s sake!!!...this car is the only thing you can talk about…it’s consumed you…and at the end of the day…you just can’t get that stupid smile off your face!

Man, are you in for a good time!!!

Congrats!

Have fun with the build!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Now you've done it!!!!

Your garage will be your home, make it comfortable. Your fingers, hands, elbows and knees will have all kinds of cuts, scrapes and bruises, but you won’t care. You will come to know personally all the auto parts, hardware, and tool suppliers in your area - and curse them for closing as early as 9 PM. You will stay awake long nights working in the garage and wonder if you can drill hole "quietly"…at midnight! You'll spend WAY more than you ever thought and you will come to know your UPS and FedEx delivery guy on a first name basis, and then eventually start shipping those prized boxes to your work address and sneak them into the garage…so she doesn’t find out…which will work out well, cause she doesn’t like the smell of friction modifier in gear oil...it's like wife repellent. As your build starts to get closer to completion, you’ll go missing…you buddies will stop calling you (they know you’re busy)…and your wife will complain you just don’t pay enough attention to her lately…OK, 10 minutes for the wife...after all she has needs too...nope, make that 5 minutes...you know…it’s the car you’ve always wanted..there's nothing more fun than this!

And finally, your friends and family will think you're crazy…I mean really, who builds their own car for Pete’s sake!!!...this car is the only thing you can talk about…it’s consumed you…and at the end of the day…you just can’t get that stupid smile off your face!

Man, are you in for a good time!!!

Congrats!

Have fun with the build!
Haha
I've trained my UPS and FedEx guys to drop auto parts packages off by the side door by my garage, and not the front door, where my wife will see them :)

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
  1. Get the duct tape off the body NOW. Don't wait, otherwise It'll get all crusty.
  2. Put blue painters tape on the round tubes - you'll be surprised how many times you step on it when building.
  3. Please get a set of REAL pads for your jackstands.
  4. Do NOT rush - except for #1 above!

·
Curious George
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! I did pull all the tape already

Haven’t pulled the shell yet but I’ll be using tape on common contact areas

I gave jack stand covers for my HF jack stands they’re neoprene so the won’t mar the finish

Just finished my safety wires - step 1 of a bazillion by no means perfect, but I’m sure they’ll hold well with the red Loctite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts