Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this late last night, bored with the car away at paint. Herb, you don't have to worry about a competitor!

The tranny cover with foam is on the table. I tried to make a lined box for sunglasses or cell and such. BTW, I figured that if I put an AOPA sticker on the sewing machine it would be less feminine.

Front View, just finished this afternoon.

Side View with my shop buddy standing guard in the background.

At least it matches the dash.

Mike M.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Looks great!

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Nice work. One small suggestion, depending on how much "bling" you want, you could go with the SS cupholders to match your trim rings and guage rings.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Mike:
That's a nice job!
How much did your "shop buddy" help you?
Paul M. :D

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,726 Posts
You've convinced me. Vinyl it will be! I hate the special dust magnet characteristic of the usual black carpet and have thought that a real light grey would help that a lot. But i like yours much better.Excellent job!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
I think you just solved my problem. My tunnel carpet is looking pretty bad where my knee hits the tunnel and on the other side from the e-brake. Covering with vinyl looks like a good option.

Why did you need a sewing machine? What did you sew?

·
2,746 Posts
Mike,

That looks fantastic, great job. I don't think using the sewing machine is emasculating at all.... uhh.. maybe you should add an STP sticker too, just for insurance.

I'm jealous of your shop buddy, my shop buddy can't be in the shop because he eats everything not nailed down and drinks all the beer.

What are the three little switches for?

Keep up the great work !

Chris.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys,

Kevin - I was thinking stainless or polished alum for the cup holders but decided to play down the bling. I may be pushing "cluttered" as it is.

Paul M. - The shop buddy does great at keeping the lookie loos away from the shop. Just the guys that belong there like the UPS guy. :D He knows the UPS guy carries doggie treats!

NAGA/Chris - I'll be adding some Holley stickers to the sewing machine when I get home this afternoon.

The switches on the console are for the hidden radio. Left will be Vol +/-, Center could be to change function like power ON/CD/Radio, Right switch could be to change track. These switches will be progamable to perform any six functions out of a possible 14. The radio is hidden behind the dash and the amp is hidden in the trunk.

I'm really looking forward to getting the paint finished and get it all back together! Finally, being on the road is almost in sight!

Mike M.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
No shame in operating a sewing machine in my book. Seemster came before seemstress, and anyone good with their hands can tackle anything.
Nice job.

·
Charter Member
870 Posts
Nice job on the CC,Dash looks like something out of a dogfighter plane,Real Mint,Like em' both....
Thanks for the Idea.
Eric B.

·
Junior Charter Member
10 Posts
Nice job. I couldn't help but notice the white gas pedal for the sewing machine. I do have a dumb questionn totally off track...what type of shift relocation kit (if any) do you have?. And hello all.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
WOW!!!! THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! Sure is a whole lot nicer than the spray-on bedliner that is recommended for the Coupe dash!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts