Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
737 Posts
Looking good there Joey !!
Glad the suitcase bump worked out for you. I like the curved bar over the top of the flat one above the suitcase bump. I have my bump out a bit higher up on the rear cockpit wall which eliminated the chance for the horozontal bar. It's all trade offs !!
Keep on going
I'll be posting more pics soon on mine
Best
Ron

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made the bump myself. It is slightly smaller than the one Nick sales. Although hindsight 20/20 I would have had him make me one to the dimensions I wanted. The inside will be covered with Naugahyde like the originals I had to take it back off to finish up a couple details but I'll snap a pic once it's back on.

Joey

·
Registered
289 Posts
I made the bump myself. It is slightly smaller than the one Nick sales. Although hindsight 20/20 I would have had him make me one to the dimensions I wanted. The inside will be covered with Naugahyde like the originals I had to take it back off to finish up a couple details but I'll snap a pic once it's back on.

Joey
I would love to see it...did you have to go smaller because of the chassis or was it just personal preference? I am looking at doing the same with the Naugahyde for the s/c appearance...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steel Metal

Here is the suitcase bump. Still may have Nick make me one. I will try to roll the car out this weekend and take some better pics.

·
CSX2375R
806 Posts
Should be 9 rivets across........

·
CSX2375R
806 Posts
I think you are just fine..... Keep it going forward progress is geat

·
Premium Member
427 S/C, Alum Side-Oiler, TKO600, IRS, Pin Drive
65 Posts
Looking good...I have been trying to figure out how I am going to do the rear bulkhead...
Nice work on exposing the roll cage. I also added a "Faux Racing battery to draw the eye away from the shelf (that should not be there) and the FFR trussing between the trans tunnel and bulkhead...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice work on exposing the roll cage. I also added a "Faux Racing battery to draw the eye away from the shelf (that should not be there) and the FFR trussing between the trans tunnel and bulkhead... View attachment 361728

I may have to steal this one. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to incorporate a faux battery of some kind.

·
Premium Member
427 S/C, Alum Side-Oiler, TKO600, IRS, Pin Drive
65 Posts
Happy to walk you through... Just trying to draw the eye away from the Transmission Tunnel Trussing...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts