Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads-up, angelballer. I posted a reply over there, hopefully relaxing some of the "BUYER BEWARE" nonsense and so on.

Cheers, John

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had some discussions with Ron over there, and it was decided that the post should be removed. I wasn't going to sign up for his $35 "supporting member" program just to answer questions about a car for sale. My support goes to this forum. In any case, I'm getting thousands of views on eBay and am measuring "auction watchers" in triple digits already. Will be interesting to see if/when bidding begins. I've about decided I could keep the car awhile if no one else is interested! At the bargain price, I really don't expect that to happen.

Cheers, John

·
Jack of all trades - expert at nothing
4,395 Posts
FYI - thread to gt40s.com is dead end link.

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Junior Charter Member
310 Posts
Life is all about timing. I have been considering selling my C6 vette and the FFR cobra to get into a GT-40. I would be all over the car if I new what this economy was going to do to my buisness in the next 12 to 18 months. Someone is going to get a good deal on the car. Good luck John
Kelly

·
Junior Charter Member
1,066 Posts
John - is that Porshe transaxle a G50 like used in the GTM or is it out of an 80 HP 914?

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
ok so I wasn't aware of this before but after reading the Bill of Rights again, I thought posting ebay links was NOT allowed

????

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually wasn't aware of that rule. If this thread is inappropriate, I trust that a moderator for the classifieds section will take it down. Since it's not an FFR or other Cobra replica for sale, I needed the broader audience of eBay rather than just listing the car up here.

I mostly just put the post up as a convenient way to share all the photos with the FFR gang; I doubt my buyer will come from this forum. But I bet at least a few of the "watchers" on the auction are you guys!

Cheers, John

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bump -- just 30 hours to go on the auction. No bids yet, but 8000+ views and several hundred with the car on their watch list. Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night at the end of the auction period. Thanks for looking!

Cheers, John

·
ASE Master Tech
136 Posts
Hi, Just got done looking at your E-Bay linsting and I was wondering. Does the car have A/C?........ JUST KIDDING :biggrinparty:

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi, Just got done looking at your E-Bay linsting and I was wondering. Does the car have A/C?........ JUST KIDDING :biggrinparty:
ROTFL -- now that was funny, thanks for the laugh.

Wanna trade me a Harley or a Caddy ambulance or some Fiji property for it? All offers I've had, no joke.

Cheers, John

·
Big Kahuna
5,671 Posts
I would have bid on it if it had AC..

·
15,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would have bid on it if it had AC..
LOL -- you guys kill me.

I just spoke to the buyer by phone. He's already in a dually with a trailer headed down here to pick it up himself. Should close the deal sometime Sunday morning. Easy enough. Thanks for keeping an eye on the auction.

Cheers, John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.