Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would take a chance. I know there has to be Mustang guys on this forum.

I googled Mustang Museum. It turned up a couple locations. I know Corvette has a nice one and my son's (who is a huge car well guy now he turns 23 this month) is asking to go to that one. When things go back to normal we plan on making a overnight trip there. I know Shelby has one in Vegas which includes many Mustangs I would expect in a Mustang Museum.

However, is there a Mustang Museum worth making overnight road trip to?

Jason

·
Registered
342 Posts
Overnight from Where?
We have one nearby.
I enjoyed the cars and information, but not an entertainment and lounge site.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just thought of something while you are in the area that will definitely make the above trip memorable.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Overnight from Where?
We have one nearby.
I enjoyed the cars and information, but not an entertainment and lounge site.
Nice. I saw this one it. Seems like this would be one of the main museums. Plus the bonus of the other.

It's close enough. We are in the west suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks
Jason

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are lucky to have the Volo auto museum about an hour away. That's pretty cool place. But everything for sale so sometime it feels like your shopping. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I remember in the late 90's or early 2000's, the Mustang Club of America solicited donations and funds for a National Mustang Museum to be built in Mustang Oklahoma. Lot of donations and interest and then ............ POOF.........the money was gone and nothing ever happened.

I don't think that the linked Mustang Museum of America is or was part of the failed oklahoma project.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are a number of us here as well as many FFR owners on the Vintage Mustang Forum. Although not a Museum, consider attending the Ford Nationals in 2021 as it has been cancelled for 2020 due to the Pandemic. There will be more Mustangs there than you will ever see in a Museum.

Thank for the link.

I will have to take time to explore it. The Show/drive in seems like a lot of fun.

·
Not a waxer
11,768 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts