Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I KNOW THIS IS NOT A MUSTANG FORUM, BUT I HAVE ABOUT RUN OUT OF THINGS TO DO ON MY FFR! SO MY YOUNGEST SON AND I BOUGHT A '94 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE TO REBUILD. ANY INPUT ON WHETHER TO PUT A FORD CRATE MOTOR WITH 340 HP WITH THE E303 CAM (I LIKE THE IDLE) OR REBUILD THE ORIGINAL ENGINE WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I AM LEAVING ALL THE CREATURE COMFORTS (A/C, AUTO, PS, PB, ETC) AND REBUILDING THE AUTO TO HANDLE MORE POWER. I AM ALSO CHANGING TO 3.73 GEARS.
ANY INPUT WOULD BE SINCERELY APPRECIATED.
THANKS,
JOE

·
6,546 Posts
It's been a LONG time since I was @ TTU. I can't remember if you have to pass an emissions test or not. If so, you'll want to keep that in mind as you build it.

If money isn't a huge concern a turbo kit would be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS OZONA,
MONEY IS NOT TOO MUCH OF AN OBJECT, BUT I WAS TRYING TO GET TO 340-350 HP NATURALLY ASPIRATED. I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE TO CHANGE INJECTORS, THROTTLE BODY, MASS AIR METER, ETC. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FUEL INJECTION AND EVEN THOUGHT OF CARBURATING IT! EVENTUALLY MY NEICE (14 1/2) NOW WILL GET THE CAR AT AGE 16. AT THIS TIME WE DO NOT HAVE EMISSIONS TESTING.
THANKS AGAIN,
JOE

·
6,546 Posts
Age 16? With a 340 HP (or more) motor? Yikes.

Been there, done that..well I was 17.

Teenagers + High horsepower cars = BIG problems up to killing themselves or someone else.

If it's for her to drive, you might freshen the stock 302 and put it back in.

I got in A LOT of trouble with my 1970 SS/RS Camaro when I was in high school. I honestly had no business with that car. I loved it, but I'm lucky I lived through it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IF IT TURNS OUT OO MUCH I WILL NOT GIVE IT TO HER! THIS IS A PROJECT FOR MY 20 YEAR OLD SON TO LEARN ABOUT CARS.
THANKS,
JOE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.