Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Factory Five Stock mufflers. Can anyone tell me if they are directional or can they be installed either way. Kit purchased in 2012.
SBC. Mufflers fit in the reversed configuration rather than the manual suggest way. Mufflers will be used for initial start up and may be changed at a later time. Don't know if there will be issues with them .
Thanks
Beretta
SBC with modified frame / motor mounts. Its sitting pretty.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
cotton candy

I can't say whether they are truly directional but I can tell you that even if you turn them the right way per the manual they may fill your garage with flying bits of glass. There have been a lot of posts in the last few years about this happening. It's been very random so no guarantees either way.
I suspect that some of the mufflers are being packed by the manufacturer with the glass in the wrong pattern for that case style. That could result in the flying bits being reported.

IF
you are doing a rear exit exhaust you should look at the muffler on the new CTSV. It will fit under the back of a 33 and keep a lot of heat out from under the car.
DB
Hemi33

·
Muddling Along Aimlessly
69 Posts
I was one of the guys saying that I wasn't getting any fiberglass out of my factory mufflers - and what was the big deal? Well, I guess I just wasn't getting the car hot enough (never really drove it very far out of my driveway.) Now that I have driven it a bit, the mufflers have begun blowing a LOT of glass. If you are standing anywhere near the car while it's running, you start coughing and hacking! That can't be good for the lungs. My car is at the body shop right now getting the paint completed. However, I've already got the brand new Flowmasters (Delta Flow 40s - 942442) to swap out. My advice is to get rid of those cheesy Chinese FFR mufflers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts