Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we are moving to Omaha (home for me). First problem I am going to have. The U-haul website says the Cobra won't fit on there trailer. Anyone every tried this?? I can't drive the Cobra....not far enough along for that. I don't have a vehicle that I could tow a trailer with, that is why I'm looking a the "U-Haul" type places. Second problem, assuming I get the car up there. I'm not sure what the registration requirements are. I know I don't have to worry about smog inspection. So anyone that's registered there car in Nebraska, could you give me a little info?

·
Senior Charter Member
618 Posts
My brother has ffr1709 in Omaha and there are two more in Lincoln Ne. There are two or three cobra manufactures in Ne. so registration should not be hard. I think Shell Valley and Mid-states Replicas could answer your registration questions.

Cody

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
Registration in Nebraska just got easier, as a bill was just introduced late last year for titling of assembled vehicles. Basically, they are now titled as the year assembled, Assembled Vehicle (ASVE) and pretty much whatever model you want. Mine is a 2004 ASVE 427 Roadster. The hard part is nobody at the DMV seems to know anything about the new bill yet. We have been working through the programs director of the DMV, and she has been extraordinarily helpful. When you get to the point of titling, look me up if you have trouble and I can try to help.

On the trailer, I can't see why the Cobra wouldn't fit on the U-haul trailer(as long as its their flatbed and not the dolly), and I doubt their website really knows what a Cobra replica is. You might have to fudge about what car you'd be putting on the trailer to get them to rent it to you. Good luck.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,086 Posts
Previous to the recent bill, registration was quite difficult, and a typical Cobra registration read 1978 Thunderbird (or whatever the motor was from) or went through a title service. We used all new components on our two cars, and had a tremendous amount of time invested trying to get titled until the latest bill was introduced.

There are a number of Cobras around, primarily Shell Valley, a couple Midstates, and at least one each B&B and Lonestar. There's at least one FFR in Omaha, our 2 in Lincoln, and one out west a little ways.

·
Premium Member
18,143 Posts
The Cobra easily fits length and width. Sometimes the ramps are a little short/steep, and it will bottom out. Especially if the hitch ball is a little low. Add a couple inches to the ride height and it will be fine.

As for U-Haul, they look in their computer for matching vehicles - loaded and towing. If there is no match, they will tell you it doesn't fit. The word "Cobra" just doesn't happen to be in there. So tell them it's a 1965 Shelby Mustang, and everything will be fine.

·
Charter Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris,
My wife was offered an awesome position at Boys Town National Research Hospital. It was too good for her to pass up. My job prospects however, are not as good. Maybe I could just be a stay at home dad....and work on the car so I can get it done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts