Factory Five Racing Forum banner

mounting raydot mirror

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  snakeski 
#1 ·
I know this has been covered before but I can't find a good picture. Would someone send me a Good photo of their raydot mounted with finishline brackets with the wind wings in place??? Mine seem to interfere with the wind wing mounting brackets and the screw holes for the mirrors are at an angle to the bracket?? Maybe some custom washers, and grinding away some of the bracket??

Thanks

#2 ·
TTT

Please someone post a pic for the rest of us. Well...me at least.

Thanks,
Greg

#4 ·
You have to notch the bracket as shown below. BTW, the thread size is metric, M5-.80 x16 (the length will have to be ground down)

I picked up a couple from Lowes, but they aren't stainless steel. McMaster has them, p/n: 90258A251, but I didn't feel like spending $12 on 50 screws that I only need 2 of. Too bad Finish Line doesn't supply these as part of the bracket (hint hint).

http://www.*******.com/4bill/100_1738.jpg
http://www.*******.com/4bill/100_1739.jpg

#5 ·
Bill,
Great photos. Thanks!
Greg

#6 ·
I made my own and since I didn't even want to think about taking out those stupid little windshield screws (managed to get 'em in without stripping any!
) I drilled a couple holes farther back on the posts. Used some stainless screws (ACE hardware) and nylocks. I don't have the wings on yet but they will fit fine.

#7 ·
Bill, yours are lower and Mikes are a little higher. Are both of you happy with the height?

Thanks,
Greg

#8 ·
Mine's about level with the center mirror. I sat in it and messed with it till I liked it and could see over the rear fender. Very happy.

#9 ·
I had the Finishline brackets but didn't like the way they fit, so I made my own and mounted them where they fit best for me. I made them about 1/2" wider and radiused the bottom like the top. I only had to drill one extra hole exactly midway between the top and bottom mounting holes for the wind wings. This way the mirrors can be mounted high or low without drilling extra holes in the brackets or windshield frame. The mirror bracket fits under the wind wing bracket. I recessed the screw in the wind wing bracket by about the same thickness as the mirror bracket so the screw still has enough thread to tighten properly.

#10 ·
thems nice!!!!!!! After all the posts about cracked windshields I decided not to use the windshield mounting holes and instead drilled my posts (and finishline brackets) and mounted them where I want! Much nicer, and no interferance with the windscreens. Someday I will learn to post photos!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.