Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you mount the gas shocks to the frame of the car? I am wondering if I will have to move my MSD box down a little bit for clearance.

·
Charter Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sergio

I am having Bat Man put one of those SRP hood hinges on my car and then he is going to finish and paint the underside of the hood the same color of the car with stripes. I am just worried I may have mounted the MSD box to high and the gas shocks will hit it.

Here is a better picture of where the MSD box sits.

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Paul,

A lot of people with SRP's hood hinge set-up or the Shell Valley hinges use a prop rod instead of the gas shocks. You could mount the prop rod on the passenger side and then you wouldnt have to move the MSD box.

Tom

·
Charter Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lawman thanks for the info.

·
Charter Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Larry that is the exact setup that I am going to have as well "SRP hood hinge with gas shocks"! As a matter of fact when I saw your hood in Las Vegas I knew that was what I wanted. I am copying you!

From looking at my pictures do you think the gas shocks will crear my MSD box? It looks very close to me by looking at your pictures. Would you be willing to measure where the gas shocks mount on your frame , and also give me some pics closer up to where the shocks attach to the frame?

Thanks in advance!!!!

·
1,568 Posts
Larry:

Where did you get those struts from and do you have a part #?.

Curtis

·
Premium Member
18,449 Posts
From looking at my pictures do you think the gas shocks will crear my MSD box? It
Too hard to tell. I would defer to SRP.

The gas struts were taken from my FFR hood kit, MkII. So FFR would have them.

SRP would have them as well because they fit his hinge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts