1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Those seats were in my car when I got it and I hated tem. Your sucked in so far you reliy totally on the mirrors to see behind you because you cant hardly turn to look over you shoulder. Mine were mounted to the floor directly so I dont know about the side brackets but If I remember right there wasnt alot of room to mount those type of brackets.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
I have those seats in my car however it's not done yet. I like the feel of them and had the same in my race boat. If you use your saftey harness correctly you can't turn from side to side anyway. Some guys like the belts a little loose to be able to turn and see better. I like to use the mirrors. In the boat, being that secure made driving very easy and I'm hoping it feels the same in the car. I think it's personal preference. I couldn't use those mounts as there's no room out side the seats. I welded brackets to the bottom and bolted them to plates mounted to the frame.
Lex, what kind of seats did you go with?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have them in my roadster and I LOVE them. They are more comfortable then the street performers I had before and I have no problems seeing left or right. Just don't be, err, "big boned" or you will not be comfortable. They can be a snug fit (depending on the width you get I suppose). I mounted mine without using those mounts.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
AC4ME, I'm from the old school and wanted the classic look so I went with the FFR classic low back.

·
Registered
603 Posts
how comfortable are they for the long ride? had a different style in my car and they came out quick.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am traveling now but I will see if I have any pictures at home when I get there (I don't think so). I had the seat tracks to contend with as well on the driver side. I have made a few hour trip in them and found them to be more comfortable than the street performers. My wife agreed as well. I will say again, that you need to be "slim" for these seats to be comfortable IMO, as they are a snug fit even for me (all 170 lbs at 6')

·
Senior Charter Member
1,230 Posts
I wanted to use those seats too but at 6'4" and 215# I would need the 17" wide seat at least, but I just don't know if they would fit as I would need them all the way back for maximum leg room. They would hold you in the seat way better than the stock seats and the head rest would provide whiplash protection, and they would allow a tall driver to sit lower in the car which looks better and keeps your head below the roll bar. I personally think that they look less obtrusive than the street performers which to my eyes just dominate these little cars.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could not agree with you more. I have the street performers and at 5'7" I think I am going to feel cramped and I don't want to feel like I am on top of the steering wheel.

I am going to measure and see what the maximum size seat I could get in the car.

Jared

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
I have the 18" wide Kirkey seats in mine with the back about 2" from the rear bulkhead. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Jared,

I have the Factory Five Kirkeys and got the mounting brackets direct from Kirkey. Remember that the seat back must be solidly mounted too. Here are some pictures.

Click on the link in my signature line to see more.

Cheers,

Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts