Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Curious George
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounting the front LCAs - the passenger side was just like the manual - one spacer in the rear mount, the front was perfect

The driver side was a PITA, front mount needed coaxing with a dead blow hammer, the rear has 1 spacer but looks like it needs a 2nd - should I put a second one?

Passenger side:

Driver side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don’t remember spacers for this? Does it say to use spacers in the manual or at those just washers for something else?
If you tighten the bolts it should pull everything together.

·
Registered
548 Posts
And use a length of threaded rod with a couple of washers and nuts to spread any mounting tabs that are too tight.

·
Curious George
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t remember spacers for this? Does it say to use spacers in the manual or at those just washers for something else?
If you tighten the bolts it should pull everything together.
sorry they're washers, not spacers... LOL too tired last night
the open space available is less than a washer in width, I believe the key is to not have any play in there, but also, not bend the tabs to weaken them...

·
Not a waxer
11,701 Posts
Todd,
You need to capture the poly bushing inner sleeve between the chassis tabs. You should see some gap between the tab and bushing but not between the sleeve and tabs. Don't add so many washers that the tabs are closing on the bushing. And don't worry, you aren't going to move the tabs enough to weaken them!

Jeff

·
Curious George
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Todd,
You need to capture the poly bushing inner sleeve between the chassis tabs. You should see some gap between the tab and bushing but not between the sleeve and tabs. Don't add so many washers that the tabs are closing on the bushing. And don't worry, you aren't going to move the tabs enough to weaken them!

Jeff
ok since the're less than 1/2 a washer space gap, I'll try torquing down and see if the sleeve and tab meet up - thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts