Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a set from Harbor Freight for $10. They sound great! Very loud.

I made new radiator support brackets that incorporated a mount for the horns.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I used those as well. Can't beat the price.

·
Lifetime Journeyman
1,143 Posts
I have them, too. Two years and they still look good, and sound like an American car horn should!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI, double-check if you are considering mounting your horns where I did. At this point I am strongly considering re-locating them, they are almost in direct line with the brake duct openings. I had to force the bumper bolts past them.
:(

·
3,596 Posts
I mounted mine inside the nose, near the top of the radiator. Can't even see them, but the sound gets out perfectly!

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
FYI, double-check if you are considering mounting your horns where I did. At this point I am strongly considering re-locating them, they are almost in direct line with the brake duct openings. I had to force the bumper bolts past them.
Could also be an issue with fitting the rad side aluminum pieces.. Have you tried fitting them yet? You may still need to move them after all.:(

I mounted my horns to the frame X member in front of the engine. Still plenty loud at that point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.