Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GTM# 255
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factory Five has finished my GTM kit today. I will be receiving it in the next week or so. I already have my donor and have been disassembling it for the past few weeks.

My question for everyone: I have never built a car before. Would there be enough tricks and tips within the Mott "Roadster" Build School to justify the price for a total novice?

Scrivy

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
It think there is more info here than at the build school. For a roadster I think the build school is great idea but the cars are so different I do not think it would do a lot of good. JMHO, cheers Richard.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,635 Posts
I went to the build school and it helped me. I had never done anything like this before and it really made it seem doable. Just seeing the cars go together and the basic process. THey give you a lot of tips on the body work, wiring and basic assembly that is definitely transferrable. It also is nice that hte cost of the class comes off your GTM kit, so in essence it is free

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
If you are a novice than what you porobably need most is hands on inspiration / confidence ....that "you CAN build a car." ....this you will get at Mott. If nothing else you'll make some new friends and have a blast building a car.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I attended the build school and thought it was worth it. I had never built a car so it was all new to me. Of course much if it was specifically geared toward the Cobra, but the tips I got were invaluable.

·
What's a 'n00b'?
387 Posts
The build school was great for my roadster build. So many things are different in the GTM that I question it being worth the money.

I am glad I build the roadster first though, I would have been in over my head were the GTM my first build ever. This is a really tough build in comparison.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts