Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,864 Posts
That is really nice. The match to the dash wood is almost perfect. I like the overall look. I was a teenager in the 60s and was always envious of the few British sports cars that had wood dashes. My and my brothers MGs and Sprites all had black vinyl.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is really nice. The match to the dash wood is almost perfect. I like the overall look. I was a teenager in the 60s and was always envious of the few British sports cars that had wood dashes. My and my brothers MGs and Sprites all had black vinyl.
The British look is what I wanted.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,864 Posts
For the benefit of others who might like this wheel also, can you detail what you mean by 'will fit' please? Fits right on, had to drill some new holes, or?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the benefit of others who might like this wheel also, can you detail what you mean by 'will fit' please? Fits right on, had to drill some new holes, or?
I sent a tracing of the bolt pattern of the factory five steering wheel to moto-lita they confirmed it was the same as there cobra slot 6 bolt wheel. They shipped it to me, I took the old steering wheel off and took the new one out of the box and used the factory five bolts to put the new wheel on. I did nothing to wheel are the hub! So who ever told you they won't fit is very misinformed.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,864 Posts
That is great news. I don't really remember which brands but over the years I do remember a couple of threads where guys tried other wheels and either had to drill new holes or sent the wheel back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts