Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read through some older posts on the subject and want to verify what I think I need to do. But still have a couple of questions.

It seems like I should get a non-vented radiator cap and put it on the radiator, and use the 16lb cap from the radiator on the Moroso filler?

Alternatively, I could use a Dryseal plug to plug up the radiator hole. I did read one post of someone doing this, and having it blow out. This seems like a good budget solution to the problem however.

Then, I should run a line from the Moroso filler to the overflow/expansion tank or get a new tank and mount it someplace closer to the Moroso filler. Did anyone use the donor overflow tank? How did you run the line to best hide it? I'm thinking either run it with the radiator hose, through the f-panel, accross the whole radiator then down to the fitting on the tank. Or, run it down the engine on the drivers side, and follow the lower radiator hose back to the tank.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
Yup, that's pretty much what we did except we used a Griffin Radiator and had the machine shop cut the neck off and weld it closed. Ran the overflow line from the T-filler cap right alongside the upper hose to the stock puke tank. 10K miles and all is well.

Frank n Sons.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Best solution: Have a radiator shop remove the filler neck from the radiator.

Next best: Use a rubber plug, but one that fits down inside the neck BELOW the overflow port. It won't blow out there. If you plug the upper part of the neck you'll have to plug the overflow separately, and you risk a blowout.

The old way: Use a high pressure NON-VENTED cap on the radiator. Maybe the MB unit is non-vented, I don't know.

Pipe the Moroso overflow to the correct port on the overflow. That's the one that goes to the BOTTOM of the tank. The stock tank in the stock location will work fine.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
I used a 1 and 5/8" dryseal plug on a stock 3 core rad. 16# vented cap on the T-filler, ran the hose as you described to the stock over flow tank. Three good heat cycles and no problems so far.

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for verifying I was on the right track. I think I'm going to go with the "Use a rubber plug, but one that fits down inside the neck BELOW the overflow port." solution and run the overflow line along the radiator rose, accross the radiator, and down to the bottom of the overflow take.

Thanks again,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.