Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled a bearing today and found scoring. This means the whole engine needs an overhaul. So pulled the engine today.
sad engine bay
D938ACB1-7467-471E-BC52-4FCAB338AEA2.jpeg

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,634 Posts
Sorry to see that, please let me know if I can help

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What made you check the bearing in the first place?
Mark,

Because my cam and lifters where worn and I figured there had to be more metal around in the engine.

John

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,634 Posts
Actually I have a 400hp 351 laying around i can give you a good deal on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been away from the forum for awhile but another member called me today about your problem and I may be able to help. I completed my MK4 roadster back in 2017 but had a problem getting it registered here in Maine ( I live in Rockland on the midcoast) and as a result I wound up with an engine I could not use in my car. My engine is from a 97 Explorer that was professionally rebuilt by Mike Forte's shop in Framingham MA. I didn't have the proper paperwork to prove to the state the motor was not stolen so they would not let me register the car with this engine. I wound up buying a new crate engine from Forte and put that in my car. Long story short is I have this engine sitting in my garage all ready to go. It was bored and stroked to a 347, all new internals, the original GT40P cast iron heads, Eldebrock intake with Quickfuel 680 carb, Petronix flamethrower ignition, flywheel and balancer installed. The engine was run in on Mikes dyno when new and pulled @340 HP 400 Ft/Lbs torque.
If your car is already registered the paper work would not be an issue since the state doesn't care what engine is in a car that already has a VIN. Since we are close by here in Maine I could also help with getting the engine delivered to Gorham. I could give you a good deal on this engine.
If this is of interest to you drop me a mesg with your E Mail and we can talk..

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you considering rebuilding the engine yourself?
Not really, not sure I posses the skill set to make sure tolerances are properly set, although it is interesting to me

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been away from the forum for awhile but another member called me today about your problem and I may be able to help. I completed my MK4 roadster back in 2017 but had a problem getting it registered here in Maine ( I live in Rockland on the midcoast) and as a result I wound up with an engine I could not use in my car. My engine is from a 97 Explorer that was professionally rebuilt by Mike Forte's shop in Framingham MA. I didn't have the proper paperwork to prove to the state the motor was not stolen so they would not let me register the car with this engine. I wound up buying a new crate engine from Forte and put that in my car. Long story short is I have this engine sitting in my garage all ready to go. It was bored and stroked to a 347, all new internals, the original GT40P cast iron heads, Eldebrock intake with Quickfuel 680 carb, Petronix flamethrower ignition, flywheel and balancer installed. The engine was run in on Mikes dyno when new and pulled @340 HP 400 Ft/Lbs torque.
If your car is already registered the paper work would not be an issue since the state doesn't care what engine is in a car that already has a VIN. Since we are close by here in Maine I could also help with getting the engine delivered to Gorham. I could give you a good deal on this engine.
If this is of interest to you drop me a mesg with your E Mail and we can talk..
not sure how to pm anymore with this new set up, but yeah let’s talk for sure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts