Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Curious George
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the FFR PS rack - but They seem too big for the steering arms - any trick to getting them in far enough to thread the castle nut?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Make sure those arms are installed on the correct side. There's a slight taper to the opening, and you'll want the larger side facing down.

Reactions: Toadster

·
Not a waxer
11,811 Posts
It appears that you have the steering arms installed upside down. As Chewy mentioned the hole is tapered. If they indeed are upside down note that when you turn them over you will also need to swap sides so that in the end they point outward with the large side of the taper pointing down.

Jeff

·
Curious George
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL damn, I'm getting good at re-doing the front suspension! - probably a good thing though, I need to mount the ABS brackets from Russ Thompson anyways...

thanks again guys!

·
Curious George
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
initially started to pull the ball joints but figured it's probably simpler to pull the calipers, rotors and slide the wheel hub out instead...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yep, easiest is to pull the hub nut vs. try to separate the control arms (ask me how I know). Make sure you replace the hub nuts, they’re one time use and something you definitely don’t want to mess with.

·
Curious George
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, easiest is to pull the hub nut vs. try to separate the control arms (ask me how I know). Make sure you replace the hub nuts, they’re one time use and something you definitely don’t want to mess with.
Ah good point - what part # /size is the nut?

I know I have the 36mm deep socket

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ah good point - what part # /size is the nut?

I know I have the 36mm deep socket
Take a look at posts 9 and 10 for part sources. Some other good discussion on this topic as well:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts