Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I hope I didn't miss anyone elses posts...But I will start the ball rolling on the results of Moochfest 2004 at Factory Five.

First off...I finally got my Headers and Side Pipes. Hooooooorrrrrraaaaaayyyyyyy! (Thanks Mark) :cool:

We had quite a number of people show up. Not entirely sure of the number, maybe someone counted? (40 or so?) Several potential customers were once again fabergasted by the family reunion present today. The new customers always seem to look so out of place. I think we scare them. So I made the rounds of owner-wannabes and tried to calm the nerves...Except once I told them who I was they all seemd to look, or walk the other way.... :confused:

You should have seen how many hands went up when asked how many of us were members of FFCars.com.

Anyway, I just wanted to come on and tell everyone thanks for coming, thanks for donating to Team Jenny, Thanks to the Smiths for letting us invade thier home, and thanks to the employees,(who by the way were all busting ass back in shipping when I was there...On Valentines Day too!)
Oh Yeah and I forgot to thank them for the all the Pizza too.
My thanks also goes out Joe Leone for the help.

By the way, we got quite the surprise when Dave Smith came out and said they were going to hold a raffle of Factory coupons towards parts purchases....There will be an update on their website as to who the winners were. Let me just say that I walked away feeling, how to explain it...embarrased at winning one. I was there to have a good time with freinds and maybe raise a few bucks for Team Jenny..and then I won a coupon. It felt weird if you know what I mean. Not what I was there for. Matter of fact I had a mouth full of pizza when they called out my ticket number, because I didn't even think I would win...I hope I don't sound ungrateful, but it just goes to show the kind of people the Smiths are. They open thier doors to us and then surprise us with that level of giving.

I promised I would retract anything bad I ever said about the Factory. Of course I can't remember anything BAD I ever said about them.... :eek:

The Coupe that won first place at the World of Wheels was up on the lift out in back of the factory. I just can't believe that they are going to take that car out and beat the snot out it. Well I guess that is one of the perks of owning your own car factory eh? :D

The Mulsane was back in one of the shop areas of the factory. I think they were just teasing us by keeping it where they did. Just far enough not to touch, but close enough to make us start to salivate when we saw it.

Oh and before I forget...That number 5000 car. You've got alot of sanding to do now buddy! I just want to see if you have it in you to actually cover all that up. It is now a very rare edition Art Car.

Hopefully someone will post pictures as, like an idiot, I forgot my camera at home today!

So anyway I had a great time, and it was great seeing everyone again.

Be safe, and I'll see you all in the Spring!!!!

[ February 14, 2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Cobra Cory ]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
\\\M3
2,299 Posts
Anyone care to guess how CC signed FFR 5000? I've got a picture, I think Shep does too. I just found out I'm missing the cable for my camera, so I can't post until Monday Night.

A fun time today, its always nice putting more names to faces. And that Raffle Was Rigged ;)
Can't wait to see everyone the next time, probably open house...

Brendan

·
3,217 Posts
Brendan 'Gimpy' Mulcahy checking out FFR5000:

Cobra Cory's Advice - Not bad advice for someone who's trying to set the world record for longest build

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Dang,
Wish I would've been able to go, but had to be home with the wife 2day. I will definitely be at the next one though. Sounds like it was a blast.
-Mirko

·
"Senior"
1,123 Posts
Fantastic time AGAIN. Like Mike Everson said - met some old friends and made some new ones. Big thanks to FFR for opening the doors for this gathering. Can't wait for the open house this year.

Hey Cobra Cory - I think that there's an expiration date on that FFR certificate. Congrats - I had ticket #46.
JimmyZ

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The future Mrs. BobAruba won a raffle gift certificate today... now, I need to seriously consider making this a permanent relationship. :D Today was another memorable day with all of you. Dave, Mark, and Crew, as always, you guys know how to throw a party. Thank you.

Hope to see y'all at the Factory's Open House this Summer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
\\\M3
2,299 Posts
Great Pictures. I still think that Raffle was rigged ;)

Brendan

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
Looked like you guys were having a blast! I was across the street unloading a U-Hual, so I couldn't join the festivities. Maybe next time. See you at the open house ( assuming I finish putting the car back together).

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Guys, it's going to be real tough to paint that car!!! But I'm gonna! :D :D

As I spent all day cleaning donor parts (and fighting with NAPA - but that's another story) I was wishing I was there to drool with you guys.

Hope the pizza-grease fingerprints come off...

Thanks for the pictures, gentlemen!

All the best,
Tag

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Geesh Brendan, Figures you would have seen through the whole thing....

Didn't anyone notice that I dropped the raffle ticket while I was handing it over. She picked it up and never looked at the ticket.....Actually she just made me nnnnnervous. I still think I should have gotten a congratulatory kiss for it but hey....There is always next year! :D

I was just showing Kathy the pictures and she asked "what happened to the guy with the crutches. Did he hurt himself working on the car?"

I told her "no he just had knee surgery but couldn't stay away from the free pizza. It was worth the pain ya know." So she starts into me about "how if he can do it why are you such a friggin baby about it".... Yeah thanks Brendan....Thanks alot. :rolleyes:
By the way do the crutches help out with getting the women? I bet your gonna play that up aren't ya? :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Charter Member
3,487 Posts
Thanks Factory Five, Joe and lasty Cory for setting this up. I'm really looking forward when we can all show up with our finished cars. That will make it all the better. Dave made a point that we at ffcars can be a tuff bunch of critics but also said that factory five owes much of their success to this website and hopes we'll all be civil so that it can go on forever. I'm very happy to be a small part of both of these ventures.
Rob Baker - drilling footboxes today

·
3,217 Posts
You just might get lucky. Depends on when your frame actually makes the production line. I was told that usually happens about 2 weeks before pick-up or ship date. Without giving out any dates, which are always subject to change anyway, you'll be damn close.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
It's sound like it was a good Time.I had planned on being there, but we got an unexpected visit from from my nephew and his girl friend, both have been in Iran since the last Jan., without leave!!!
I could'nt miss the home coming.It is good to have them both home.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts