Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi FFR community-

A few weeks back I took my family on vacation to Monterey with the side benefit of checking out car week 2019. What an experience! (put this on your life bucket list). I had a chance to chat with a number of car owners/pit crews of some AWESOME cars -including- a genuine 65 AC Cobra. Laguna Seca is such a neat track/experience too - check it out and let me know what you think!

-TacoJoe

·
Registered
487 Posts
Great video and thanks for sharing. Monterey Car week is definitely on my to do list.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thanks for posting the video, it was great. I was at Automobilia when the Quail tour came through and I enjoyed the background interview on the Ferrari replica P4. I was at the Mecum Auction for the press reveal of the upcoming auction of the Bullitt Mustang at Kissimmee in January. (picture has me with a red arrow in my head) Boy, was that car beat and looked like something we might have paid a grand for in 1971 and only because it had the 390. Still, they were talking about a $20 million sale. It was my first trip to car week and it was just incredible.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats incredible you got a chance to see thee Bullitt / great picture- thanks for sharing. I have a soft spot in my heart for 64-68 Mustangs too. I read somewhere that Steve McQueen tried to buy it back a couple times but the owner said no/held on to it - i guess it was worth it - $20M!

·
Registered
907 Posts
TacoJoe – Great video, I really like the way you captioned the various cars in the shots. :cool:

I recently attended the Goodwood Revival over here in the UK, which is a weekend event that shares a lot of similarities.

Just to give you an idea, you featured a Ferrari 250GT in your video and here are some of the SWB250s in the pits.

Lots of real Cobras too.

So, if you are interested, I have lots of photos from Post #768 and 3 videos in Post #772 in the thread linked below.
( You just need to page down through other stuff to get to it. :rolleyes: )

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/146-other-replicas-scratch-builds-kits/363818-sammio-cordite-triumph-spitfire-1500-based-kit-26.html

Cheers, Paul. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts