Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now the long range forecast is looking kind of good for New Years Eve and New Years Day. The Little Red Car still has it's feet on the ground (planning on putting it up for the winter maintenance stuff the week after New Years) and I think the gas may be getting a bit stale. That and I've got to earn my clock.
Anyone with their rides still together enough for a short hop on New Years day? It's going to be fairly cool so I was thinking of keeping it pretty short. How about out to Canby with a warm up at the Wild Hare and then back in. Should only be about 45 minutes each way.
Meet at the Onion around 11:00 and go out Beavercreek to Union Mills and Mulino and back in along the river on 99.

DonC

· FFCobra Fanatic
4,082 Posts
Mr. C.,
Sounds good to me(and maybe Mel?). Would be a good "test" to see how my rebuilt(rock hit last summer in Idaho) radiator works. Also "test" my other ungrades done so far this winter.

Butch

PS
Thanks again Don C. for helping me install radiator yesterday!!!:001_smile:

· Registered
1,889 Posts
I might be up for a short one. Race car is apart but 3904 still runs I think? Hasn't been started for months. We'll see how the weather looks later.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Putting together a wescott 32 highboy for a client. way deep in wiring at the moment...want it road worthy by spring.

Cobra was such a good boy this year that all I really need to do is bleed the brakes & upgrade pads, everything else is working good.

Cruise Easy!

· FFCobra Fanatic
4,082 Posts
Just took 'Ol 1437 for a little drive out to Steve's and must say that It was "a 'lil coolish outside!!!" Hey Dave, how many of us can you haul in the 40? lol.
Butch

· Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Forecast for Tuesday still looks clear but cold. Been that way for several days so it might hold. Don't forget to bring Kleenex for our runny noses.
Thinking it might be better to move the meet time back to noon to give it a little more time to warm up. Anyone have a problem with that?
Since I was planning on going out Beavercreek I was thinking we could meet Butch at the Hill Top shopping center if he didn't want to come all the way down the hill and pick up Steve at his driveway on the way by.
Thoughts or opinions on that?
DonC

· FFCobra Fanatic
4,082 Posts
Don C.
Noon works for me, and meeting you guys up here on top of the hill also works for me:001_smile:! Steve has a bad cold, so don't know if he is going or not? No Mel either for sure also:sad:. Guess it is up to us (fools:w00t:) to go on this first of the new yr. 'lil run?! lol
Butch

· Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mike:
Can't ignore the little woman.
Forecast still looks at least dry. Maybe a few sparkles this afternoon but beyond that the satellites show clear so we can probably still make it.
I'll post a final weather call tomorrow morning around 10:00.
DonC

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Hey guys, I'm going to bail. Got a bad cold and feel like $&!). By the way, I'm at my office is SE Portland (1:30 PM Monday) and it's spitting snow. My snow tires for 3904 are not that great and the chains hit the fenders! Good luck if you go.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.