Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Husband, Father, Bonehead
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into the office with an UPS down. Half our servers were offline. No one could log-in or (more imporantly) get on the Internet(GASP!) After some creative daisy chaining of surge protectors :( :D , we are up.
Anybody having one of those Mondays????

[ May 10, 2005, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Kyle Stewart ]

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Yeah. Just returned from the dentist and I have to go back Thursday for some serious work. He told me to schedule 2 hours.

I'm not a happy camper today :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Daisy chains? Watch out buddy, don't want em to blow out on ya....

Best of luck with everyone's Mondays, I have a final at 4:30pm. Wish me luck, economics is boring. :( Why can't my school offer auto shop or something? Oh well, wish me luck, and we'll all get through it guys!!

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,996 Posts
Lets see, an old classmate got intouch with me today. Talked on the phone for an hour. Found out that she had a big crush on me and I did not know it. Worse thing is I had a crush on her too..... and now she is a Grandma, but still wants me to visit her. Road Trip......

Eric

·
Hmmmm
646 Posts
Eric, a forum member here lives in the same small town where my High School/college sweatheart moved after college. Whenever I see his posts I think about her.

Go for the road trip!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Time to sharpen up that old tool everyone used to do work with...gosh, if I could just remember what that thing was called...OH, Yeah, a PENCIL!!
No server crashes, no e-mail worms, no frozen mouses, no video chip incompatability, and no "Oh, crap, I didn't save!!".
Just put the pencil on the paper and get something accomplished.

·
Husband, Father, Bonehead
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tuesday was no better. Walked in to our DS3 down between Dallas and Austin. That means, no Internet, no Documents, no Email...I won't go into the problems with Voice over IP issues.

Here is an example of how my day was:
Attorney: "Kyle, we need to get the network fixed because I have to send some documents to a million dollar client."
Me: "OH, a Million Dollar Client!! Why didn't you say so sooner?!? I have been sitting on my thumb and playing solitare all day because I thought it was a meer Thousand Dollar Client. I guess I better go fix the network."

·
15,282 Posts
I've been feeling the Monday pain all week. I had my constitutional law exam Monday, property law first thing tomorrow, and criminal on Friday. All this while I'm really focused on replacing my fuel pump on the Cobra so I can take it home and say hi to Mom and Dad this weekend! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the freebie...

Cheers, John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts