Link to Auto Trader Classics: 1965 Factory Five MK4 for sale near Torrance, California 90503 - Classics on Autotrader

Classic Car Overview
Factory Five Mark IV Roadster - Shelby Cobra
Asking Price: $54,900
Kit purchased in 2016, registered and on the road spring of 2018,final paint and assembly completed summer 2021. California SB100 registered. FFR serial number: F5R1008889RD
Mileage: 9,029 mi

ENGINE:
4.6L SOHC V8 – rebuilt, aluminum heads and iron block
265 HP with 302 Ft/lbs torque (approx)
Aluminum Dual pass Radiator, Champ baffled, low profile, race oil pan

TRANSMISSION:
Termec T-45 5 speed, Stead Tri-Axe short Shifter, Aftermarket ivory shift knob

SUSPENSION:
Front-
Double wishbone independent suspension
Fully adjustable upper control arms
Lower Tubular control arms
KONI Coil overs shocks
Rear-Multilink independent suspension. Fully adjustable
KONI Coil overs shocks
FFR tubular rear lower control
Power steering, Professional race alignment and corner balancing. Perfect 50/50 corner balance. 43%/55% front rear weight bias

REAR END:
2015 Mustang rear end, with 3.55 gears and limited slip differential

WHEELS AND TIRES:
FFR Halibrand style 5-lug 17” wheels
Rear – 315/35R17 Nitto NTO5 - new
Front – 275/40R17 Nitto NTO5 - new

BRAKES:
Hydro Boost Power Brakes, Front: 11” rotors from 1999 MustangGT, Rear: 14” rotors from 2015 Mustang GT

PAINT: by Jeff Miller at Miller Customs. Magnetic Grey, with Black Le Mons racing stripes

INTERIOR:
Vintage Kirkey racing bucket seats with electric seat heaters, extra high back Kirkey racing seat for Autocross or track work, 5-point Simpson brand harnesses. 3”wide driver and passenger, frame mounted. Glovebox, GPS autometer gauges, Hidden power plug, USB, and OBDII port under dash, Emergency Fire Extinguisher, Emergency brake boot, 14” wood and aluminum steering wheel, black passenger and driver 3-point roll bars

OVERVIEW:
This car was built utilizing a donor 99 Mustang GT for the drivetrain, front brakes, and power steering system. The motor and transmission were professionally rebuilt. As mentioned, the alignment and corner balance were completed at a local race shop. The interior was completely covered with heat reflective coating that also absorbs vibration.
The car was built over the course of two years. It was an amazing experience and I love driving the car. It’s a truly thrilling experience behind the wheel. Plenty of power to roast the back tires and get into trouble, but not too much to be unmanageable. I love getting it out to the canyons here in LA and have really enjoyed auto crossing when possible. It draws a crowd at gas stations and I almost never take it out without someone stopping me to compliment the car and want to talk about it.
However, it’s time for the car to find a new home. Since starting the project I’ve moved, gotten married, and started a family. The days of two seat cars without airbags are going to be on pause for a little while. This opens the door for someone new to have a driving experience of a life time.