Try 2in, that should do it. If not lop a little more. Pete

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
I did 2"

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
I recommend a cut-off wheel, the chrome is a bugger to cut through with a hacksaw
Steve

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Don't cut it off straight either. Place the glass on the car and you'll see, it'll look better cut at an angle. I also dressed the edges after cutting so as to prevent catching a cleaning rag or cutting my hands...

HTH...
Mark

·
Registered
74 Posts
Trial fit the windshield first because they have been redesigned and you should not have to cut them at all.

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
My manual says to remove 1-1/2 inches.

A while back Kouros was kind eough to play the video from the build school where the instructor clearly said 2 inches from both sides.
That's what I did and it fits fine on my MKII.

A good point from Mark to file or sand the edges after you make your cuts.

Paul M.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,424 Posts
Good post

I got to this point and my manual which was shipped in Sept 2007 didn't say anything about cutting any amount off. I figured I needed 9" from the frame down, or 2" off the length and searched and found this. I figured I'd rejuvinate this post for all those who like myself are getting to this point in an effort to finish this spring and drive. Hopefully now you can keep working and not stop like I did just now.

Cheers!

Jerry

·
Senior Charter Member
2,424 Posts
I used a paint stir stick to get the measurment. The amount to cut off is not critical.
Just needs to be made so side supposts don't hit foot box's.
Yep, that would work. I actually had a flat steel rule that is about 1'1/2" wide, just like the windshield part. Worked great! I was just a little nervous to cut it at first, thinking I was missing something.

Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.