Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Charter Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard different things. The manual shows a picture of installation of the body with the splash guards on but tells you to install them after the body. What do you guys recommend. Should I do it now, or after the body is on.

Also, same question for that piece of aluminum that goes above the bottom of the door. Should that go on now or after?

Thanks

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
After the body goes on. Don't trim the exhaust cut-out until the front splash panels are in, either. The splash panels will really change the fit of the pipes to the body. Temp hold in place with clecos until bodywork is done, as you will want to take the panels back out to remove and reinstall the body.

·
2,513 Posts
Originally posted by ArshCobra:

Also, same question for that piece of aluminum that goes above the bottom of the door. Should that go on now or after?

Thanks
Alum panel inside the pass compartment on the X below the door can go in anytime. Its the piece that mounts horizontally on top of it that should go in after the body.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Arshia,
Hold on to both of those ites (all splash guards and the door bottoms) until the painted body is installed.

-K

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
yes both after the body

but i painted the rear of the rear splashguards black, they are visible from behind the car.

what origin is the name Arshia?

·
Charter Member
2,035 Posts
Pretty much what gbranham said. Fit/Cleco in while body is on in gelcoat. Remove panels, remove body, paint body, remount body, rivet panels in. HTH

·
Charter Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the input. Is it really going to be that visable from behind the car that I should think about painting them?

Eddie, it is Persian

Thanks again

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
maybe my perception is skewed a bit, my driveway is slightly angled so i see the bottom rear of the splashguards every day when i pull my daily driver into the garage next to the cobra.

some guys undercoat both sides of the splashguards when they are done, it cuts down on the noise of rocks hitting the splashguards

good luck & have fun

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
some have said to not use a sheet metal screw, if it makes it way out, it may find it's way into your tire.

so far, i still have sheet metal screws and have not taken that advice.

i have removed the splashguards so many times, i may have to go to a bigger screw next time, or actually use a pop rivet

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts